+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Please expand the PM message quota...

synsei Guest

Default Please expand the PM message quota...

As the title says, please either expand the message quota to around 500 or even better, do away with it all together. To my knowledge AoS is the only forum I've been a member of to have a max quota for PM's...

I'm Nobody.

Delete your outbox messages should give you more inbox room, i think im right

synsei Guest

I don't save my sent messages as a rule, unless they are important...

I'm openingabottleofwine.

It is surprising how quickly one can fill the quota of 100 messages (in total). But be glad - it used to be limited to 50!

As André has pointed out, delete the sent messages: they will be reproduced in the reply.

One thing I have noted in the 'new' system, is the number of PMs recorded is not that obvious: and there is nothing that annoys me more than after composing a PM, only to be told that it cannot be sent as I have reached the limit!
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

I personally don't find it any hardship to clear old unwanted messages now and then.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

synsei Guest

Neither do I Geoff, except I now have an inbox full of messages that I need to keep hold of for various reasons. It's an unnecessary restriction in my view...

I'm Geoff.

There's a way round that. Use a 'screenshot' application and save them on your computer in a dedicated file.

If you're interested here's a link to a review and free download: http://download.cnet.com/Gadwin-Prin...ml?tag=mncol;1

It's the one I use. Comes in very handy on occasions.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Jason.

Dave,
    I agree with you it's an unnecessary restriction given how little disk storage on the server the PMs take.
    My strategy is to take PM threads to email if it looks like an ongoing conversation.
    Jason™

Built by Hand, Tuned by Life

synsei Guest

That app is a complete faff Geoff, sorry mate but its gone. I'm sticking to my guns on this one. Cheers for the support Jason, we can't be the only members who think this way. Of course it is possible to work within the set limits, by why should we have to?
    Last edited by synsei; 19-08-2013 at 16:21.

I'm Graham.

I've never had any so I must be Billy no mates

Main System
    FLAC -> Synology DS413j NAS -> SB Touch -> CA DacMagic -> Icon Audeo Sterio 40i -> LV Auditorium

Office System
    FLAC -> Ubuntu server running LMS -> SB3 -> Kenwood Amp (from the 80's) -> Mordaunt-Short MS.3.40

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast