+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Linear Power Supply for Squuezebox Touch

I'm Abe.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyB View Post
    Wait till my DC Linearizer LNF is ready and I can send you one to try. The output from the DC Linearizer is nearly identical to the £200 Lurcher PSU. But the output from the Lurcher linear PSU with my DC Linearizer is nearly identical to a Li-ion 12V battery. So even if you are using a linear PSU it will be worth using it with the DC Linearizer.
    That would be cool, Stan. Can't wait to try those.
    I am pretty much a staunch supporter on all efforts to improve power supplies section.
    There's no two way about it, in hifi speak - getting the right juice to flow is the beginning of many great things to come ...
    -abe-

I'm John.

Hi Abe,
    Just wondering if you were using SBT as transport only for BM?
    John

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyB View Post
    I have tried the Touch with a number of Linear power supplies and it does seem to sound better with one. But I have also been trying it with the standard PSU and a prototype power supply filter. The results are very encouraging so far.
    Is there a general implication here that a power supply filter and a linear power supply are alternative, but equally good, ways to go?

- Richard.
    Pioneer N-50; Lakewest MDAC Premium Fusion; Benchmark AHB2; Quad ESL 2805s; 2xAE subwoofers; Isotek GII Sigmas

Based on my experiments I would say YES.

I'm Abe.

Quote Originally Posted by potatoha View Post
    Hi Abe,
    Just wondering if you were using SBT as transport only for BM?
    John
    John,

Sorry, I don't quite get the question.

Currently the SBT is connected to the BM via coaxial SPDIF, so I guess that would mean it's working as a Transport for the BM.
    I have a couple of chinese DACs and an old NuForce, but they are nowhere compared to the level of performance gotten from the BM.
    -abe-

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by aBe View Post
    Currently the SBT is connected to the BM via coaxial SPDIF, so I guess that would mean it's working as a Transport for the BM.
    I have a couple of chinese DACs and an old NuForce, but they are nowhere compared to the level of performance gotten from the BM.
    I was wondering whether the linear power supply brought improvements in SBT's analogue output or the digital output. Which psu are you using with the SBT?

I'm Abe.

I only use Digital/spdif output.

The PSU for the BM is from Teletron, and Sola for the SBT.
    -abe-

I'm Paul.

I upgraded some time ago to the MCRU linear power supply for the SB Touch. I have tried taking it out of the system and put the stock power supply back in, and cannot handle it. Sounds nasty with the stock power supply.

The MCRU LPS for the SB Touch is so good I purchased the LPS for the Audiolab MDAC and again fantastic result. Both hands down beat the stock power supplies.. In fact not even close.

MartinT Guest

I used to run the Touch from a very good Paul Hynes linear power supply. I now run it from a battery and it sounds even better (I have re-used the PH PSU to charge the battery).

I'm Steven.

Martin, do you disconnect the PH when the battery is fully charged of do you leave it attached all the time?
    Yamaha - Pioneer - Bluesound - Squeezebox - Beresford - Chario - MJ Acoustics - iBasso

Yamaha RX-V1300 * Bluesound Node 2 * Pioneer DV-656A SACD/DVDA * Squeezebox Touch + BotW linear psu + SBooster * Bushmaster Mk2 + Beresford Dorado * Beresford Capella * Chario Syntar 200T (front) + Chario Syntar 200 (rear) + Chario Syntar Dialoque (center) * MJ Acoustics Pro50 (sub) * LG OLED 55C8 * iBasso D2+ * beyerdynamic DT990/250 * Belkin AV 53001 speaker cables * Mark Grant G1000HD ic * Silver High Breed ic * Mike Homar WBT'ed digital coax * Beresford TRC-222 digital coax * Supra USB * Beresford TC 3618 toslink

Steven

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast