+ Reply to Thread
Page 602 of 611 FirstFirst ... 102502552592600601602603604 ... LastLast
Results 6,011 to 6,020 of 6102

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    My father used to drive Jaguars and Daimlers. They all had large engines and all had automatic transmission, so not very fuel economic. Fortunately he was able to write off the running costs as expenses.

His last car was a Daimler 'Double Six' with 5.3 litre V12 engine. There was a display device which indicated fuel consumption in real time. Most of the time, on level ground, it read about 10 - 15mpg; downhill maybe 20mpg, but uphill it was down to single figures!
    Definitely thirsty motors, but I reckon a return trip from anywhere to London would still work out cheaper than getting the train (assuming one's running when you need it). Get someone to go with you and chip in for the petrol, and you're quids in
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=6ab8a...bC5odG1s&ntb=1

Anyone see this on the news? Apparently a faulty e bike battery.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    dads last car was a jag xj6... had 2 fuel tanks plus an emergency... gas gobbler it was.

looked like this and same colour

I'm pretty certain Dad had one at some time.

Jags and Daimlers (IRC, the same company) always were good looking cars.

Since being bought out, they have IMO, lost some of their distinctive styling.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Funny but it was me who drove it mostly. He initially hated it but once had had to drive himself somewhere a bit further than the office and after that I couldn't get him out of it
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    MG TF was pretty. Last of the T series before the MGA came along, both nice cars.
    At the risk of ridicule, the only MG sports car I lusted after was the MGB GT (before they replaced the chrome bumpers with over riders, with the awful 'dodgem car' rubber bumpers for the US market).

Yes, I know they were considered to be the poor man's sports car, and not a patch on the likes of Austin Healey or Sunbeam, but I just liked the look of them.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

At the risk of ridicule, the only MG sports car I lusted after was the MGB GT (before they replaced the chrome bumpers with over riders, with the awful 'dodgem car' rubber bumpers for the US market).

Yes, I know they were considered to be the poor man's sports car, and not a patch on the likes of Austin Healey or Sunbeam, but I just liked the look of them.
    liked this model... a '69 i think

Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

That's my favourite version too. I'd sooner have one than any Austin Healey or Sunbeam. Very easy to maintain and can be made reliably quicker and better handling easily enough. I like the later Triumph TR sports cars as well, a TR6 with carbs instead of Lucas fuel injection could be good.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=6ab8a...bC5odG1s&ntb=1

Anyone see this on the news? Apparently a faulty e bike battery.
    Could be any cause. Wrong charger, poorly wired, battery etc. got wet, you name it. I don't charge mine indoors.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Could be any cause. Wrong charger, poorly wired, battery etc. got wet, you name it. I don't charge mine indoors.
    yeah, a lot are folk using after market chargers from china that are not right for the battery. but cheap batteries too i bet. its one hell of a fire when they go
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Yes, it wouldn't put me off getting one, but I too would be charging it outside. And I would avoid buying anything with uncertain provenance. I hesitate to say anything Chinese-made because probably no such thing exists.

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread