+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 611 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158558 ... LastLast

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

I'm Alex.

Other car is a wagon I use for daily commuting, fishing trips and even a trip to Saint Tropez; would love to have been able to take the Porsche there as there were some fantastic scenic roads but the womans luggage allowance made it impossible.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Just tell her to take less stuff!

I must admit when we take the car abroad, we travel as lightly as possible, as the more room there is for us, the more comfortable the journey there will be, plus the more stuff (wine and food) we'll be able to bring back to enjoy at home, which is our main reason for making the trip in the first place - and why (along with the freedom having a car gives) I hate using planes....

It's also why the Brabster was bought to fulfil two main purposes: a comfortable, reasonably spacious and economic car to drive long distances in, especially abroad, and also one that's fast enough to have some damn good FUN in when the opportunity arises!!

The Porschey looks fab from the back, btw!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Alex.

Thank you. Yeah I think the behind is one of, if not the best angles, which is lucky as that's the angle most people get to see most often.

I think it looks even better from lower down and more directly behind with the rear wings protruding much wider than the cabin.
    Last edited by alcarmichael; 21-07-2016 at 13:55.

I'm Kevin.

Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

Watch this video for a giggle. I'm not saying it's what I want to have (especially that hideous blue wrap), but for me it epitomises what FUN driving is all about:

Life's too short to drive boring cars, so feed yourself some adrenalin!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Alex.

Sorry, I couldn't watch it all, I quickly got bored.

For me fun driving is nice windy roads, or even better some track action. I haven't yet dare take the Porsche on the track though; it's too quick and too expensive (for me) to risk it.

I'd love a little cheap and cheerful track car such as an old MX5 just to play around in. In my opinion anyone would have far more fun with this than driving fast in a straight line in a big powerful automatic saloon.

Yeah, I know what you mean about getting bored...

For me it's just good to see some people having a bit of FUN, driving a fast car (on a nice, empty road), which puts a SMILE on their faces, rather than the opposite, and that happens so often here in the UK, with folk trundling around in boring nondescript, homogenised boxes on crowded roads, with no PASSION for driving whatsoever, and almost no SENSE OF FUN...

Do you know what I mean?

Too many folk here buy cars out of necessity, and have no real love of driving - and I like seeing evidence of the opposite!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Alex.

Oh I couldn't agree with you more there. It has always boggled my mind why anyone would go out and buy a brand new Mondeo/Vectra etc for £20k when there are so many 'fun' cars to choose from.

I think it just depends on how your brain is 'wired'

A good example is your nice BMW estate car, which one could argue is 'all I'd need' (or something like it) for food and wine buying trips abroad - loads of space and a nice comfortable ride.... However, I just need to have that extra 'fun factor', which the Brabster brings to the party, and the 'poke' on tap, to take advantage of on those lovely straight French roads!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Kevin.

It's the twisty bits where the most fun can be found.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

+ Reply to Thread