+ Reply to Thread
Page 513 of 609 FirstFirst ... 13413463503511512513514515523563 ... LastLast
Results 5,121 to 5,130 of 6088

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by dave2010 View Post
    Did you go up it? I'm pretty sure I've been close by - though I've not driven much further north beyond Ullapool. I do plan to go round the west side and north coast of the NC500 sometime - but not got round to it yet.

Some sources put it higher than you claimed - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stac_Pollaidh and apparently it's not an impossible "walk".
    Yes we went up it, a long time ago. About 1983. Me, wife no.1 and my mate went to the top, his missus gave up halfway. Wasn't difficult, but then I was only 25.

Going north from Ullapool, after about ten miles turn off to go to Achililtibuie/Polbain/Reiff. That's the road you can see in the picture, and Stac Pollaidh is on your right, the loch to your left. Probably about 10 miles before Reiff, where my (now deceased) mate's parents still live. We're planning to pay them a visit this year.

There are some more challenging mountains round there, Like Ben Mor Coigach.

Love it up there, good sea fishing too
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Imjustsurviving.

Got the privilege of being invited to be part of Goodwood and driving around the circuit as part of the Hot rods to celebrate 70 years of the National Hotrod Association in September but managed to blow up my engine on my race car doing a parade lap , if your if if your going to do it do it in style and in front of a crowd …..
    Jon

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.

Set up
    Lafayette el84 power amp , Audio note M1 pre , Tannoy Sterlings, Garrard 301 , SME 3012 , puresound P10, Ortofon SPU, Cambridge CXN streamer
    Micro mega Duo 3 cd transport ,

I'm Adam.

Default Car (or bike) Chat!

Nice! Mrs. B bought a half day track day at Goodwood for me and the Marcos, for Christmas. Any tips appreciated (apart from “don’t blow up your engine”, obviously!).

Talking of cars, Mrs B. Leaves her job of 19 years in March, which means her company Jag XE has to go back. Consequently, she’s been looking out for a new car which she said had to be “cheap to run and reliable, but fast and fun to drive”

A purchase was made last week and, as she’s currently in Ireland, I’m collecting it for her tomorrow.

I think she’s nailed her requirements…

Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    There are some more challenging mountains round there, Like Ben Mor Coigach.

Love it up there, good sea fishing too
    I'm not planning on going up any of the challenging mountains.
    I'm not even sure if I'll be able to do Ben Wyvis, which I'm told is reasonably easy and feasible, though not a lot lower than Snowdon which I did in my youth.
    A friend of mine who is slightly younger went up it a few years ago.

I don't do fishing - though sometimes we see people standing in the nearby river presumably trying fly fishing.
    Dave

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonboy View Post
    Got the privilege of being invited to be part of Goodwood and driving around the circuit as part of the Hot rods to celebrate 70 years of the National Hotrod Association in September but managed to blow up my engine on my race car doing a parade lap , if your if if your going to do it do it in style and in front of a crowd …..
    Good shot of it 'letting go' Jon. What actually failed?
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by dave2010 View Post
    I'm not planning on going up any of the challenging mountains.
    I'm not even sure if I'll be able to do Ben Wyvis, which I'm told is reasonably easy and feasible, though not a lot lower than Snowdon which I did in my youth.
    A friend of mine who is slightly younger went up it a few years ago.

I don't do fishing - though sometimes we see people standing in the nearby river presumably trying fly fishing.
    So you no longer do mountains, and you don't do fishing - was it the Scottish weather that persuaded you to move up there?

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonboy View Post
    Oh dear...

Nice car, but this one would go better with your beard:

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Grant.

looks lie oil pouring out.... yeah class old motor
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Imjustsurviving.

Con Rod let go and punched it’s way to freedom , block both sides and the sump in 3 places so total right off,

Jon

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.

Set up
    Lafayette el84 power amp , Audio note M1 pre , Tannoy Sterlings, Garrard 301 , SME 3012 , puresound P10, Ortofon SPU, Cambridge CXN streamer
    Micro mega Duo 3 cd transport ,

I'm Geoff.

I don't know what the car is, the engine looks like a four pot OHV. Hope you have a spare lump.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread