+ Reply to Thread
Page 501 of 609 FirstFirst ... 401451491499500501502503511551601 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,010 of 6088

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

I'm Grant.

preferred the Triumph 2500 mk2. dad had one for a while on loan.. was a nippy sweety.

police used them up here so it was good fun coming up behind speeders lol
    Last edited by struth; 20-11-2021 at 16:16.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    preferred the Triumph 2500 mk2
    That's the PI version, with the Lucas fuel injection. I had the easier to maintain TC carb model for a few years, I liked it a lot.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    That's the PI version, with the Lucas fuel injection. I had the easier to maintain TC carb model for a few years, I liked it a lot.
    yeah we liked it too. had a shot of the 2000 body rover too with the bigger engine in. it was quite nippy too.

dads last car was one of these

xj6 4.2 straight 6 in that dark blue colour.. not silly quick for engine and it drank petrol, but it was in the day bloody luxurious and classy
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Looks nice that. Think it’s been “pimped” a bit, or “restomodded” if you prefer - not sure they are the original wheels and it has either been lowered or it’s original shocks and springs are a bit soggy! Think the colour may not be a factory option too, but not an expert on BL cars by any means!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Geoff.

yeah we liked it too. had a shot of the 2000 body rover too with the bigger engine in. it was quite nippy too.

dads last car was one of these

xj6 4.2 straight 6 in that dark blue colour.. not silly quick for engine and it drank petrol, but it was in the day bloody luxurious and classy
    Yup, I had a maroon 4.2 XJ6 as well. It got through loads of juice (and power steering fluid.....it leaked ). Mine actually felt slightly quicker than my 3.0 V6 Capri.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

Just got the little Suzuki back. Replaced brake fluid and full bleed to get rid of air the last guy got into it somehow and a new alternator belt fitted. £104, so can't grumble. Brakes feel spot on.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Just got the little Suzuki back. Replaced brake fluid and full bleed to get rid of air the last guy got into it somehow and a new alternator belt fitted. £104, so can't grumble. Brakes feel spot on.
    the cabin was airy, as were the brakes
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    Using an app seems sensible….

WFT is wrong with a key?
    Key doesn't have the same pose value. I imagine these Tesla owners were more embarrassed than annoyed.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I'd rather have a mk3 Cortina than a Tesla. Better looking and I could fix it myself. Shame you don't see any around anymore. Would have to be the Ghia in Bronze with the vinyl roof and the velour though.
    I used to work with a bloke who's orange Mk 3 was won in a competition Kelloggs was running. It looked like a giant cornflake. I used to have a Mk 5, last of the ones before the Sierra. Bit thirsty, but it never let me down. I was once locked out of it on Manchester airport's car park, but didn't need the app updating, just a length of baling strap, provided by a helpful off duty copper
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Dads last car was one of these

Yes my father drove one of those for a while. Fuel costs didn't worry him as he could write them off as expenses.

However he ended up with a Daimler V12 5.3 litre car after he retired - and could no longer write off the fuel costs!
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread