+ Reply to Thread
Page 445 of 611 FirstFirst ... 345395435443444445446447455495545 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,450 of 6109

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Just read up on it - designed by some bloke called Tom Karen, and initially built by Bond cars, then at Reliant's factory. A very tidy one for sale on Ebay, yours for £12,500. Looks like something Commander Straker's housekeeper would come to work in.
    ah well, i was half right
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    A couple of new batteries for my scooter.

Boy they are heavy
    Got these fitted so will try it out tomorrow hopefully. All lights are on at least so far. Need to see if this stays.
    It's not a difficult job but I can't bend over to do it.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post

''Its not always easy to pay at a kiosk if you have a baby/toddler in the car.''

So what did everyone do before the 'pay at pump' facility was introduced? It only came in a couple of years ago FFS
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

In that article, Tesco said it enables customers to know how much money is in their a I thought that was already the case, and that my being able to (potentially) put £99 in my tank meant I had at least £99. And that if I only had, say £30, that's how much fuel it would give me.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    In that article, Tesco said it enables customers to know how much money is in their a I thought that was already the case, and that my being able to (potentially) put £99 in my tank meant I had at least £99. And that if I only had, say £30, that's how much fuel it would give me.
    yes, i thought that too...they aint gonna say 99 quids worth if youve only got a tenner
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

I think the point is that if you don't have £99 in your account then you can't pay at the pump even if you've only put a tenner's worth in.

Doesn't seem to be any explanation as to why they have decided to impose this rule though.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I think the point is that if you don't have £99 in your account then you can't pay at the pump even if you've only put a tenner's worth in.

Doesn't seem to be any explanation as to why they have decided to impose this rule though.
    It doesn't help that the number of 'pay at counter' pumps have been reduced. I generally pay by cash or card in the kiosk.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post

there was a few thoughts re this and no real answers. some say you'll only get what bank says you can use; others that, as you say youll get nowt if you dont have 90 in account.
    They say its a trial, and i believe Asda tried this too as a trial and it caused such a furore that it got dumped
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I only put in £30's worth when I fill up, and I always pay in the shop.

Agreed, these new checks are not clear, and is a warning of the possible consequences of a "cashless society". Eventually Banks will have total control over YOUR money. They already make a fortune by investing with, and loaning out, YOUR money.

In general I now tend to pay for everything with card as much as I can, but with the removal of external cash points and the closure of many banks is a sign of creeping control by the Banks over your financial affairs.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread