+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 609 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

I'm inthescottishmafia.

I run two Alfas, a 164 and 166, both 3.0 V6's. Drink petrol like it's going out of style, but both have been totally reliable and are a hoot to drive.

I'm Bob.

Having been a convert to Citroen's hydraulic suspension for many years, I am probably on my last Citroen, a C5 2.0hdi diesel estate. I hear that the bean counters have finally had their way, and hydraulics will cease to be used in due course...
    Having had everything from Mercs to Volvo in my many years of driving, only the Alfas and Caterham got the adrenalin going, and only the Citroens gave that feeling of total comfort and agility.
    The new C5 has not quite the comfort of the other hydraulic Citroens I have owned but gets close. The ability to take on roads more suited to 4WD is as delightful as wafting along in absolute comfort at high speed, whilst straining to see the radar brigade.... It may not get to motorway speed like a bat out of hell, but it's no sluggard either.

The increasing complexity of these machines with the march of the environmental lobbies (DPF etc) and computerised control of everything is making self-repair an impossibility and diesel a potential disaster over common sense... An old DS/CX/XM rebuild is likely unless I build a kit car to test the vertibrae in my declining years, but I refuse point blank to wear a flat hat and smoke a pipe if I do...

Would love to go back to motorbikes again for the sheer fun, but would likely kill myself or be killed by my other half for being so stupid....

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Friend had a chipped 1.9 309 GTI, used to scare the life out of me
    Yep mine was chipped... Which was a lot of fun when I destroyed other GTI's off the lights

Pity that I forgot that red lights mean stop really!!
    Streamer: NovaFidelity X40, Turntable: Rega RP3, Arm: Rega RB303, Cartridge: Audio Technica AT120E, Amp: Belles Aria, Loudspeakers: Quadral Aurum Montan VIII, Rack: Creaktiv Trend 1, Cables: Beresford, Chord, Coherent, MCRU, Rega, TCI.

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexM View Post
    Very tempted currently by a black 2006 SL55AMG in a dealer showroom. It looks to be in immaculate condition, and the dealer doesn't want to part with it as he has been running it for the summer. It could be the next instalment of my largely disastrous car ownership, and to hear it is to want it. It screams mid-life crisis, and it will undoubtably end up in tears.We shall see...
    Hi Alex,

Go get it, I love SL55, great cars
    Streamer: NovaFidelity X40, Turntable: Rega RP3, Arm: Rega RB303, Cartridge: Audio Technica AT120E, Amp: Belles Aria, Loudspeakers: Quadral Aurum Montan VIII, Rack: Creaktiv Trend 1, Cables: Beresford, Chord, Coherent, MCRU, Rega, TCI.

I'm Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    There's a bit fallen off! I can see it on the floor.
    Not even sure what that was on the floor! when i bought it off ebay last year it had been off the road for 6 years did some work to it and got it Mot'd ect, Only used it 4 times this year so far!
    - Joe

I'm Julian.

I've got a 1997 Honda Civic which has now done 99,960 miles and never given us a single cause for concern. Will definitely keep it as long as I'm just paying for regular services and no pricey repairs ...

Don't really know what I would replace it with when the time comes, but if we move up to Yorkshire moors area I'm told a 4x4 is fairly handy for winter!
    Sonore Rendu - Cambridge Audio Edge W - Sonus Faber Venere 2.5

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by julesd68 View Post
    I've got a 1997 Honda Civic which has now done 99,960 miles
    There is something about Japanese cars, they just seem to go on and on!!

If it weren't for me being a snob... i'd probably buy one myself

I'm sorted.

Used to have one of these, excellent handling but needed a bit more power

And this was fun for such a big car

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Used to have one of these, excellent handling but needed a bit more power

And this was fun for such a big car

I had a black puma , great little sporty car , weedy brakes though.?

Would love an ST220 but will have to settle for a zetec .
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    I run two Alfas, a 164 and 166, both 3.0 V6's. Drink petrol like it's going out of style, but both have been totally reliable and are a hoot to drive.
    I have a 1994 Range Rover Vogue SE with the 3.9 V8 engine and I'm willing to bet it drinks more than your two combined!

I've had it four and a half years and have loved every second of it but I'm getting a bit tired of its appetite for fuel and the last service highlighted the dreaded r*st creeping into the sills and suspension mounts, so its days may be numbered.

I will miss it like crazy when it does go, though...

[IMG][/IMG]
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

+ Reply to Thread