+ Reply to Thread
Page 277 of 611 FirstFirst ... 177227267275276277278279287327377 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,770 of 6102

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

I'm Andre.

Joint account. All i get is here we go again, i would not mind if i bought expensive gear but i dont. Anyway fuck the whole lot of it.

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Made in 1968 View Post
    Well its MOT & Test in the Morning. More expense. But it all ok in our household to spend wads of money on the fukin' car but a slanging match when i want to but a bit of stereo equipment. I spent £48 on a nearly new Cartridge & ended up getting the cold shoulder.
    It is amazing how, as a society, we've bought into the cult of the car. Tell someone you've spent a couple of thousand on your hifi and thy look at you like you are bonkers. Tell them you've spent thirty thousand on a car and lost thousands just driving it out of the showroom and they wouldn't bat an eyelid. Too many people are like sheep.

I'm Andre.

This is my whole argument with the Car. I never wanted one & the reason i never had a desire to drive but of the cost involved. But that's all ok it seems. If i turned around and sed a wanted a new 'Gyrodec' no way on earth would that go down well but spending £1,000 on insurance is no problem.. Waste of twatting money. & people say Money is not important. All my issues in life are based around money & the lack of it.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Made in 1968 View Post
    Well its MOT & Test in the Morning. More expense. But it all ok in our household to spend wads of money on the fukin' car but a slanging match when i want to but a bit of stereo equipment. I spent £48 on a nearly new Cartridge & ended up getting the cold shoulder.
    Probably the way you went about it - I would have suggested "Hey petal, your hair looks lovely like that, and would you like a nice cup of tea? And how about a biscuit with it, one of the chocolate ones, not the ones the kids think we buy. Oh and is it okay if I put in an offer for this bargain price cartridge? I'll probably be outbid anyway"

Rather than "Right, I'm buying this f****g cartridge, and if you don't like it tough tit. I bought some new bags for your hoover last week, so you can't say you never get anything" Sometimes the direct route to what you want isn't the best method - try the scenic route next time
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Lol - don't you have separate accounts, so that what you earn, you can spend on what you want, and vice versa? That's what we do. We have a joint one too, but that's only for the bills. You need to agree who can spend what (on what) in advance, and then stick to it.

That way there'll be no arguments

Marco.
    I don't think there's any one way which will work for everyone. Me and Anita don't have 'our own' money. We don't micro-manage all of each others' buying decisions, but we do discuss anything that costs more than £40 or so. Might seem an odd arrangement to some, but it works for us.

Anita is going to Egypt for a week tomorrow with her friend, and I'm not thinking about what it's costing us, rather I'm looking forward to 7 days of loud music and no soaps on the telly

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Probably the way you went about it - I would have suggested "Hey petal, your hair looks lovely like that, and would you like a nice cup of tea? And how about a biscuit with it, one of the chocolate ones, not the ones the kids think we buy. Oh and is it okay if I put in an offer for this bargain price cartridge? I'll probably be outbid anyway"

Rather than "Right, I'm buying this f****g cartridge, and if you don't like it tough tit. I bought some new bags for your hoover last week, so you can't say you never get anything" Sometimes the direct route to what you want isn't the best method - try the scenic route next time
    quality !
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Lol - love it... In a lot of circumstances that would be good advice, and effective, but sometimes it's just best to say it as it is, but of course considerately.

As I said earlier though, it's piss-easy to sort situations like that: have separate bank accounts, which your respective wages are paid into, and an agreement (which is rigidly stuck to) that as long as all the bills and food are paid for (which both partners contribute to equally), what's left in either account can be spent as that person sees fit.

That's what we do, and so Del and I *never* argue over money. In fact we rarely argue about anything, certainly nothing beyond superficial disagreements on petty matters, which are quickly forgotten about. I don't do 'moody mares', never have, and by the same token Del wouldn't put up with being bossed around either, and certainly isn't shy sticking up for herself, which is how it should be.

At the end of the day, it's all about affording each other due respect and consideration, and working together as a team

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Andre.

Ah well bollox to it now im done with Hi-FI Buying.. Ive only got myself to blame swapping & changing so much..

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I don't think there's any one way which will work for everyone. Me and Anita don't have 'our own' money. We don't micro-manage all of each others' buying decisions, but we do discuss anything that costs more than £40 or so. Might seem an odd arrangement to some, but it works for us.

Anita is going to Egypt for a week tomorrow with her friend, and I'm not thinking about what it's costing us, rather I'm looking forward to 7 days of loud music and no soaps on the telly
    Not at all. Seems perfectly normal to me, and of course what counts is what works for you. As for holidays, we always go together, as TBH, we'd miss each other too much otherwise. I couldn't bear not being with her for 7 days, and she's the same with me. Even when either of us are out for the day with our respective friends, we'll still call each other or text.

Del loves loud music, and we have very similar tastes (we often listen to music together), so there's no issue there. And if we're not watching the same stuff that we like on the TV [which is most of the time], we'll watch what we want to see in separate rooms/TVs, then join up later. That mostly happens when I want to watch live football.

There's always a way to successfully compromise

Marco.

P.S You do realise that she'll be over there looking for some young Egyptian totty?
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I couldn't bear not being with her for 7 days, and she's the same with me. Even when either of us are out for the day with our respective friends, we'll still call each other or text.
    You can pack that in, making the rest of us look like crap husbands

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread