+ Reply to Thread
Page 253 of 609 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253254255263303353 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,530 of 6088

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

I'm Adam.

Default Car (or bike) Chat!

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Can you even find N360 parts these days?
    Up to a point; after that some engineering ingenuity is required!

Luckily he’s not short of this. After all, this is the same chap who re-wrote the B&O Beomaster 8000 control software from scratch...
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

I remember one of my mates turned up in a Fiat 126 with the fabric roof. He was a rather tall chap, well over 6 foot, my dad destroyed him when he asked “when are you going to get one for the other foot?”
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Geoff.

A long, long time ago, I bought a low mileage Fiat 127 1050CL from an old Italian chap who'd never driven it at over 40mph. It was an old car even back then and when I first got it the top speed seemed to be 60mph, as it would not go faster and it would plod away slowly off the line, even after I gave it a full service.

However, after driving it hard for a couple of months, the acceleration radically improved and the top speed capability went from 60mph to an indicated 95. Obviously the car had never been fully run in or loosened up. By the time I sold it, it went like the clappers for a small motor.

A friend bought it and enjoyed it, eventually blowing the engine to pieces. Probably from lack of oil knowing him.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

'Lazy Boy Garage' on Dave TV channel has to be the most rubbish British car show ever. Find a useless banger in Europe via internet and have it sent over without proper inspection, let a bunch of idiots tart it up without going much into what's done and flog it at their own version of an 'auction'. The whole thing looks staged and very simplistic. A waste of time.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    'Lazy Boy Garage' on Dave TV channel has to be the most rubbish British car show ever. Find a useless banger in Europe via internet and have it sent over without proper inspection, let a bunch of idiots tart it up without going much into what's done and flog it at their own version of an 'auction'. The whole thing looks staged and very simplistic. A waste of time.
    It's absolute tosh, isn't it! I watched the first season, not sure if there have been any more, but I don't think they made any money at all in their "auctions"! The only one who does any work is the mechanic bloke. Having said that, I still watched more than one of them, more out of morbid curiosity than enjoyment - waiting to see what their next fuck up would be!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Kim.

Ignore this - just checking I can post images from Flickr OK

Garrard 401 / EAR / AURALiC / DAC? / Spendor
    Border Patrol / Naim / Harbeth

Thundercat 600 I think? Underrated bikes, along with the Thunderace 1000. All you need for the road. Oh, hang on, you said ignore, Kim. Sorry, ignore me too!
    Alex

I'm Dave.

Default Rubber band cars

We are still seriously thinking about an electric car - something like a Renault Zoe. I wondered what the transmission is.
    Rumour has it that this car is one of the rubber band cars, perhaps similar to the old DAF cars.

1. Is this true? - and

2. If it is, how robust and reliable is that mode of transmission?

We have driven one - and the car seemed fine - up to 70 mph at least, but I’m not sure about cars which don’t have some form of “proper” gears or transmission. Elastic bands might not cut it for me.
    Dave

I'm Grant.

Be continuously variable transmission cvt. It's not really rubber bands.
    Modern cvts are quite good and efficient, unless you have a continuously invariable heavy right foot. Lol
    Got one in my toyota, who do the best ones I'm told
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Cvt
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread