+ Reply to Thread
Page 252 of 611 FirstFirst ... 152202242250251252253254262302352 ... LastLast
Results 2,511 to 2,520 of 6102

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

I'm Steve.

Oh yes, much as she loves the old type Minis, the reality is we really couldn't put up with the lack of space, and it would have to be a "hobby car", in addition to our everyday motor. But with 2 vans and the Civic on the drive and 3 motorcycles in the garage it's not feasible, financially or otherwise.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

I once sat in a Mini a few years ago when Anita wasn't looking, and found the dashboard to be a bit funky looking for my tastes. I expect they will have changed quite a bit since then. I think Mini do one that looks a bit SUV-ish, so will have a higher driving position. That one really winds her up She can't be doing with Fiat either, and would never be seen driving something with a Skoda badge.

I call her a car snob, but then she doesn't like BMW/Mercedes/Audi either. Kind of narrows our options as there's not much left she does like, apart from Nissan GTRs Lexus and some Jags. Oh and Aston Martin.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Oh yes, much as she loves the old type Minis, the reality is we really couldn't put up with the lack of space, and it would have to be a "hobby car", in addition to our everyday motor. But with 2 vans and the Civic on the drive and 3 motorcycles in the garage it's not feasible, financially or otherwise.
    I still have relics from my Mini days years ago, there's a 1 1/2" Hitachi 'SU' carb (off a Datsun 260Z) in the garage with a pile of different springs and fixed needles, which used to work a treat on small bore Minis and other miscellaneous bits knocking about.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Completely agree! But vintage Minis simply aren't practical as an everyday car on today's roads... Del would love an original Fiat 500, and that's even smaller than a Mini, but that falls into the exact same impractical category.

I'd rather have a Mini Clubman though, than most of today's soulless/generic-shaped, boring as hell SUVs!

Marco [likes to drive something distinctive on the road].
    Ha! A friend of mine recently imported, refurbished and is using a Honda N360 daily - that makes even an original Fiat 500 look huge!!
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Geoff.

Can you even find N360 parts these days?
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

My son bought a fiat 126 once..odd as he couldn't drive and was not technical. lol. we did get it working and sold it for profit tho...Bloody lawnmower engine that was in it... Total junk
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    My son bought a fiat 126 once..odd as he couldn't drive and was not technical. lol. we did get it working and sold it for profit tho...Bloody lawnmower engine that was in it... Total junk
    654cc if I recall. Developed from the 500, later built in Soviet states. Was it Zastava who made those?

I remember being left behind (slightly) by one being driven enthusiastically. I was in a 2CV at the time.

I'm Grant.

no idea, but soviet makes sense. was a rust bucket in making.. A guy came and eagerly bought it tho.. wanted to run it in Edinburgh... was surprised if he got home in it
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    We had a very cheap Fiat 850 for a while. Bought IIRC for £35. Got us around northern France on holiday, but the engine blew up (not quite literally) when we returned. I tried to resuscitate it, but the surgery wasn’t successful for long, so the car was then scrapped. Did the job though - a good holiday.
    Dave

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by dave2010 View Post
    We had a very cheap Fiat 850 for a while. Bought IIRC for £35. Got us around northern France on holiday, but the engine blew up (not quite literally) when we returned. I tried to resuscitate it, but the surgery wasn’t successful for long, so the car was then scrapped. Did the job though - a good holiday.
    Think if you get a decent one they will do a job. Cars have come a long way tho.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread