+ Reply to Thread
Page 238 of 609 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238239240248288338 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,380 of 6088

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Lol... As ever in life, there's a happy medium. It's the extremes with anything that should concern us.

Take from it what you will. I meant every word of what I wrote, and I firmly believe it will come to pass, unless we do something fundamental about it now!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Some good discussion here chaps, especially on main dealers, which I'll get to later, however just to address this, from Piggurs:

I don't think you realise how serious a point that is... Employing the use of computers in that way is simply yet another example (outside of smartphones) of 'big brother' brainwashing and controlling us, as the less we're able to fix things ourselves or make our own choices, as to how that process should be done, the *more* the powers that be are able to manipulate and control US.

Ultimately, it's all about limiting our choices, removing our ability to make decisions/*think for ourselves*, and forcing us down the path that 'they' want us to go....

In that respect, in the not too distant future, don't be surprised when it reaches the stage of fully computerised, driver-less electric cars, programmed and controlled from a central hub by 'the powers that be', and where only pre-authorised destinations will be allowed, only at certain times, and only so often, with all journeys tracked and monitored via the central hub, and financial penalties (and more) administered for any evidence of non-compliance...

I kid you not.

That's why it pays to be 'off grid' (in this case, where possible driving non-electric cars fitted with older technology, the control of which thus isn't as easily manipulated), and we should refuse, as far as possible, to be part of the system, rebel against it, and stay in control of our lives for as long as possible, rather than simply bending over and having our asses fucked, like compliant, subservient sheep!

And like it or not, admit it or not, that's the unpalatable truth, and exactly what you're doing when buying an electric car, and in turn creating the kind of world, which I've just outlined, for our future generations.

Marco [forever a driver of cars with combustion engines, and the least amount of computerisation as possible].
    I think that Orwellian watchfulness and potentially mind controlling computers won't be limited to electric cars, which only differ in their method of propulsion - the rest of the technology is no different to any modern petrol- or diesel-powered car. You perhaps should persuade Del away from the heavily computerised new Mini Clubmans (Clubmen? Clubpersons?) and go old school with an Italian Job style one - proper!

The idea of being 'off the grid' certainly has some appeal, but you can only go so far before it becomes a total pain.

Going for a drive in your car ( and this thread is as good a place as any to discuss it) would be impossible. All the relevant agencies (police, DVLA, and no doubt plenty more) will be well aware of you and whether or not you and your motor are fit to be allowed on the road. And even if you buy your fuel and Yorkie bars with pound notes, will still be aware of your location most of the time thanks to CCTV and ANPR.

To be really off the grid we need to find a cave or an old slate mine to move into, and learn to live off the land. Shame we couldn't take our stereo with us. Unless we can sneakily plug into a nearby pylon. Though technically that would put us back on the grid
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Grant.

Depending on your location and habits you can either be tracked much of every minute or barely at all. No doubt cities are worst, and motorists are an easy target, as are smart phones and Internet as a whole.
    Marco probably is semi invisible.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Depending on your location and habits you can either be tracked much of every minute or barely at all. No doubt cities are worst, and motorists are an easy target, as are smart phones and Internet as a whole.
    Marco probably is semi invisible.
    My interpretation of semi invisible is completely invisible until we break cover. Invisibility sounds like no life at all.

I noticed when last going to the local Asda that they have facial recognition. A word of warning Marco - this technology will reach Lidl at some point, and MI5 will then know all about the adult nappies

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Geoff.

If you have patience and apply a bit of thought, it's quite possible to go virtually anywhere in this country without being tracked or identified. It just takes more time.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    If you have patience and apply a bit of thought, it's quite possible to go virtually anywhere in this country without being tracked or identified. It just takes more time.
    A lot more time, a wad of cash, a few hats, and a collection of beards. And some stout walking shoes. That Channel 4 show 'Hunted' shows just how much can be done to track people. Quite an interesting watch

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Read an article saying Bristol were thinking of banning diesel cars altogether from the town centre, no doubt this will come to pass sooner or later and other cities will follow suit.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Tonight's tip... Don't live in a city!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Read an article saying Bristol were thinking of banning diesel cars altogether from the town centre, no doubt this will come to pass sooner or later and other cities will follow suit.
    Stupid idea. Modern diesel cars are pretty clean and comparatively harmless. Unlike aircraft, ships, farm and commercial plant, etc.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

As long as they meet current euro 6 they will be pretty clean. Mostly tho in cities they don't make a lot of sense imo.
    If u live in rural places and do a fair bit of mileage then they can. Think you have to look to a mix. A bit like people
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread