+ Reply to Thread
Page 202 of 611 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202203204212252302 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,020 of 6102

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepperamip View Post
    I need to flush the brake fluid on my Ford b max. Found a great little contraption which does the job of someone pressing the brake pedal without the worry of air getting into the system on the up travel of the pedal.

It's a Sealey VS820 that screws onto your brake reservoir. You manually pump it to the required pressure using the attached handle and then unscrew each wheel bleed valve until all the old fluid is out.

This job can cost upward of £200 at a garage or you can buy this thing and save yourself £150 less the cost of the fluid.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    Gunsons have made similar for years, called an Eazibleed but that uses pressure from one your tyres to force the fluid through
    Marantz CD63 KI Signature
    Project Debut II
    Pioneer A656 Reference
    Epos M5s
    Atacama Stands
    Maplin speaker cable cos I can't hear a difference
    Various interconnects as above

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Gunsons have made similar for years, called an Eazibleed but that uses pressure from one your tyres to force the fluid through
    Had one of those. Worked too
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

You can make a bleeding tool with a bit of narrow rubber fuel hose with a bolt shoved in the end and a short slit cut longways in the side just before the bolt. It works, it's what I used to use when I was a car tinkerer.

They used to market a similar gizmo.

You can also make one with a bit of hose and a screenwasher non-return valve.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

Fancy an electric car? You wouldn't get out of this unscathed, Lithium burns at ferocious temperatures.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/891395...ll-fire-china/
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Adam.

I had a vehicularly amusing day the other weekend, finally having my "Star Cars" driving experience that Mrs. B bought me for Christmas,

It started with disappointment as the first car i chose was the General Lee from the Dukes of Hazzard, but this was unwell and had to be left behind – even more sadly, most of the cars are replicas but the General Lee was one of the original cars used on the show and its boot lid has been signed by all the cast Still, there was another black Dodge Charger they use which is “Dom’s Charger” from the Fast and the Furious films, so I started off with that instead. This was hilarious as, despite having a 7 litre engine, it was comically slow, and also hot and very noisy as it had no internal soundproofing. In addition, the brakes were scary and the steering had huge amounts of play in it. However the noise it made was magnificent and I just laughed my way round the three laps – it was brilliant!

Next up was KITT from Knight Rider and this was excellent. He’s a replica and still a work in progress but the dashboard was correct and all lit up, and apparently he would talk, but the driver I was with wasnt his usual driver and he didn’t know how to do it, which was a bit sad. Still, I did my three laps and it felt great. As an aside this was a faster car and had brakes that actually did something, which was reassuring.

Then we came to number three – James Bond’s Aston Martin V8 Vantage. This was a hoot and took a bit of getting used to and some nagging from the female instructor as it took me a lap to remember I was no longer driving some dodgy old Yank tank – this thing went like stink and cornered on rails. I was able to come back and tell Mrs B, that, as she has always suspected, she’d love one and, yes, so would I! I’d found the best car of the day…

…Or so I thought. My final car was “Bumblebee” from Transformers, which is a modern Chevrolet Camaro ZL1, which I chose as my ‘last choice’ purely because it has 600bhp. This was very civilised inside, comfortable and quiet but with a pleasingly distand ominous V8 rumble, until you floored the accelerator, when all hell broke loose, a vicious snarl erupted from under the bonnet and it felt like some giant rugby player had booted you at the horizon! I hung on for dear life for my three laps and concluded that I don’t want one of these – I NEED one! As you may have gathered, I loved every second, bought all my photos and in-car videos and chose my one official print to be me and KITT, obviously. I’ll definitely be going back for more, though, as I still can’t not do the General Lee.

Trackside pictures below and, yes, I was going faster than you'd think!

Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm John.

Looks like a great day Adam. The Aston has a dash of style missing from the others, although it looks like you need to stick your tongue out to get it round the corners

I'm Gary.

Sounds like it was a fun day.

Where was it, an airfield or circuit?
    Marantz CD63 KI Signature
    Project Debut II
    Pioneer A656 Reference
    Epos M5s
    Atacama Stands
    Maplin speaker cable cos I can't hear a difference
    Various interconnects as above

I'm Adam.

This was at Abingdon Airfield, but they do it at a variety of locations around the country - some are on tracks.

https://www.carchaseheroes.com/locations
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Geoff.

Every day is 'track day' here on the local roads. Each night you can hear V8 Mercs and Beemers and a few Skylines howling around town. There have been some spectacular crashes. Funny thing is, you never see or hear a police car.

No wonder my car insurance is silly high.

I'm Grant.

Camaro looks fun
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread