+ Reply to Thread
Page 198 of 611 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200208248298 ... LastLast
Results 1,971 to 1,980 of 6102

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

I'm Gary.

Unlike my Avensis in my previous post my current Saab is disgracing itself, it ate its own turbo 2 months ago forcing me to replace it with a bigger one however all that extra boost has now blown a bloody great hole in the intercooler. Doh!
    Marantz CD63 KI Signature
    Project Debut II
    Pioneer A656 Reference
    Epos M5s
    Atacama Stands
    Maplin speaker cable cos I can't hear a difference
    Various interconnects as above

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    This sums up Toyotas in general for me and is why I will never own one. To me they are an automotive white good, designed purely to do a job. Admittedly they do this job well but, for me, driving a car is about so much more than just getting from A to B.

Celica and Supra owners might disagree...
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Celica and Supra owners might disagree...
    ...as well as MR2 owners - especially the turbo variety.

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    This sums up Toyotas in general for me and is why I will never own one. To me they are an automotive white good...
    Mine was red

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Toyota C-HR Hybrid.
    Sporty looker. Coupe High rider supposedly
    Oh Grant the C-HR is a lovely vehicle, I looked at one in the Toyota dealer when I was there, very nice

My courtesy car was a brand new Hybrid Yaris which was super and handled pretty well too
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    Oh Grant the C-HR is a lovely vehicle, I looked at one in the Toyota dealer when I was there, very nice

My courtesy car was a brand new Hybrid Yaris which was super and handled pretty well too
    Thanks yes it's very well put together. Nice materials etc. I'm pleased as punch with it lol
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I totally agree with everyones comments on Toyota's, and I think Japanese cars in general, they are definitely boring and their ride and handling is nothing to write home about but for the time being the Prius suits my needs and as peeps have said they are super reliable

When I have the funds, and the inclination, I will treat myself to a Boxster but until then i'm happy to run a reliable and fuss free car

I might, in the meantime, get another Merc though
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Martin.

Most manufacturers make at least one boring car. For the people who want a boring car. Which is a lot of people. But there are loads of Jap cars with power and good handling too.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

If I live long enough I might get something more exciting next time lol. I could have had a BMW but tbh the Toyota was nicer motor. The staff at the dealers were nicer too
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    If I live long enough I might get something more exciting next time lol. I could have had a BMW but tbh the Toyota was nicer motor. The staff at the dealers were nicer too
    If your Toyota dealer is anything like the two dealers I've used then you will be very pleasantly surprised. They have been absolutely fantastic in every way and they don't rip you off either

I purchased mine from one Toyota dealer and the sales side of things were perfect but I guess you really find out how good they are with after sales service and I have to report that was super as well. I had a couple of issues when I first got the Prius, just minor like a squeal from the front brakes and I can't remember the other thing and they took it in, gave me a courtesy car, and I picked it up the next day all sorted and obviously no charge

The second dealer I use, as it's a bit closer to me, for servicing, have also been fantastic

The service I just had done, with a couple of new rear tyres, their tyre price was cheaper than I could have got them, even Black Circles were more expensive
    Bev

+ Reply to Thread