+ Reply to Thread
Page 182 of 611 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192232282 ... LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 6102

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Initially it takes a little patience and practice to deal with images. There's nothing really tricky to it.

I'm assuming you use a Windows PC. If you do, just open the photo of choice and you can rotate it any way you like using the curved arrows at the bottom. They'll be saved in that orientation.

Tinypic is also logical once you've used it a few times, it just takes a little experimentation and practice.

It's worth learning, because being able to handle images is very useful.

There are also photo editing utilities that allow you to do all sorts of handy things with images.
    Pics are correct when on pc, Tiypic is turning them on their side, and not giving me a means to correct them. I'd like to take a tiny cactus and stick it sideways up Tinypic's tiny arse.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Pics are correct when on pc, Tiypic is turning them on their side, and not giving me a means to correct them. I'd like to take a tiny cactus and stick it sideways up Tinypic's tiny arse.
    I think it could be the rather large 1600 x 1200 image size that's causing it.

Anyway, I had a tinker with your Honda photo. It's sharper, brighter and smaller now. Used an image editor.

I'm Gary.

Scary Tyres

Anybody ever used Landsail tyres?

When I bought my Saab it had Pirelli Pzero Neros on the front and Landsails on the rear, a few weeks ago I swapped them round to even the wear and all was fine until it rained. I could spin the front wheels in second gear, in a straight line with only moderate throttle application, any remotely heavy braking had the (IMO over sensitive) ABS kicking in, in fairness they seemed to handle lateral loads fairly well so cornering wasn't too scary provided it was on a neutral throttle.
    Needless to say they have now been replaced by some Uniroyal Rainsport3s and then donated to a colleague who does drifting where they will be turned into black marks and clouds of smoke.
    Marantz CD63 KI Signature
    Project Debut II
    Pioneer A656 Reference
    Epos M5s
    Atacama Stands
    Maplin speaker cable cos I can't hear a difference
    Various interconnects as above

I'm Kevin.

Talking about scary tyres, I had a puncture in the outside lane of the autoroute last week.
    I was making good progress. It was in a rear tyre. I heard a noise as the object that caused the puncture was flung up into the bodywork (it was only small). A few seconds later, and the car felt a bit nervous as we approached a left handed bend so I slowed down, pulled over and put the space saver on.

It’s pretty scary driving on the motorway at 80kmh when the lorries are doing 90kmh.
    We turned off at the next stop, and a 25 minute journey turned into a 75 minute journey.

The next day I replaced both rear tyres with Michelin CrossClimate+. I run these on the wife’s car, and they work well in the snow, so thought I would give them a go on the BMW.

I have also ordered a Trackace alignment kit, as I am fed up of paying the €85 for wheel alignment that they charge here, to do a rubbish job. The outer shoulders on my front tyres are wearing out, which suggests to me that there is too much toe in, so I will do this myself from now on. Know I could probably do the same with some sticks, string and a calculator, but this should be easier.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm inthescottishmafia.

The Crossclimate are great tyres, I’ve used them on my last two cars.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Graham.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post

If it was up to me I would choose the Civic, as our current one we've had for six years now with NO issues.
    Ditto. 100k on the clock.
    GrahamS - It's not what you hear that counts, it's what you think you hear........

Present Kit: NAD 326BEE, NAD C515BEE CD player, JVC QL-7 DD turntable, JVC Tonearm, Shure M97Ve, Audio Technica AT95EX, Pickering V15, JVC Z1E, Wharfedale Diamond 230s, Visual Rio interconnects and My Ears.

I'm Graham.

Vredestein are my tyre of choice. Not always easy to find but worth every penny.
    GrahamS - It's not what you hear that counts, it's what you think you hear........

Present Kit: NAD 326BEE, NAD C515BEE CD player, JVC QL-7 DD turntable, JVC Tonearm, Shure M97Ve, Audio Technica AT95EX, Pickering V15, JVC Z1E, Wharfedale Diamond 230s, Visual Rio interconnects and My Ears.

I'm Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamS View Post
    Vredestein are my tyre of choice. Not always easy to find but worth every penny.
    Which ones?
    Kevin

I'm Graham.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    Which ones?
    Ultrac Satin last on my Volvo S80.
    http://bit.ly/2yPIx5L

Until they were discontinued, Vredestein Sportrac 3,
    http://bit.ly/2PBzPBM

All gave me 40k miles plus.

I'm Kevin.

Interesting, thanks.
    I wanted something that would work in the snow, hence the CrossClimate.
    I have had them on a Nissan X-Trail and when we have gone up into the mountains in the snow, they work really well. They are not as good as a pure winter tyre, but are much better than a summer tyre and work better in the snow than the previous 4 season tyres we had fitted.
    Kevin

+ Reply to Thread