+ Reply to Thread
Page 129 of 611 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179229 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 6102

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

I'm My.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    That's only UK and Europe though. I'll bet they keep selling them elsewhere.

This 'clean air' thing is getting rather wearing. Compared to the coal burning sixties, fifties and earlier, the air in this country is very safe to breathe nowadays. Anyway, even if everybody ends up using electric cars, there'll eventually come a time when they'll have to start mining and burning our huge reserves of coal to generate the power needed.
    I agree, however my dog in the fight is this - if the more polluting vehicles are removed from the scene, then it is more likely that my car and others of the same ilk might be able to exist. I don't care much for the clean air and electric car 'coming of the messiah' business which is fatally flawed, exactly as you described it. Let's not forget the lithium and cobalt mining that has to go on to maintain the Tesla factory; Lithium use by Tesla last year was more than the entire mined stock of Lithium in 2013. It isn't my bag at all.
    Last edited by argyle; 08-03-2018 at 11:26. Reason: adding the word 'which'.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by argyle View Post
    I agree, however my dog in the fight is this - if the more polluting vehicles are removed from the scene, then it is more likely that my car and others of the same ilk might be able to exist.
    And that isn't a selfish agenda?

My 'oil-burner' does, on average, 30 miles a week. How many does your petrol car do? Let's see who's car is likely causing the most pollution....

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Geoff.

Funny how the largest (and huge) reserves of Lithium are easily accessible to the US and the west. I'm not suggesting there's any kind of 'electrification agenda' of course. Heaven forbid!

It means that one of the biggest manufacturers of diesel cars is about to stop, much the same as Volvo and their pro-clean vehicle plans for the next decade. It is groundbreaking.

Oh, and a 350 diesel is not a performance diesel, I promise you that.
    It's been tuned to buggery, and goes rather quickly, trust me. Now give it a rest before I give YOU a 'rest'. You're very close to having your ass banned, because I don't like folk with blatant agendas, who simply like to be irritants. And your behaviour here smacks very much of that.

Got it?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm My.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    And that isn't a selfish agenda?

My 'oil-burner' does, on average, 30 miles a week. How many does your petrol car do? Let's see who's car is likely causing the most pollution....

Marco.
    Well, my car is a weekend car so doesn't go out that often. But it still has its cats on and hasn't been modified to pollute any more than when it left the factory so I feel I can take the high ground and be 'selfish' about this.

In the future when cars are in danger of being chased off the roads by the green brigade, it will be cars like mine that will be fought for as an example of what to keep, not diesels of any type.

I'm My.

This is car chat, and I put up an interesting link. You decided to jump on me about some agenda.

Well, my car is a weekend car so doesn't go out that often. But it still has its cats on and hasn't been modified to pollute any more than when it left the factory so I feel I can take the high ground and be 'selfish' about this.
    Do you now? That's good. I'd say it simply makes you come across as selfish, intolerant and ignorantly biased, none of which are particularly endearing traits in a person. Plus, you comment on things you know nothing about (such as the performance of my car), as you haven't driven it.

So are you saying you don't work (or don't drive to work) and only have one car in your household? If not, how many are there in total, and what's their combined mileage? Also, in terms of your weekend car being driven, how often is 'not that often'. On average, how many miles does it do in a week?

Marco.
    Main System

This is car chat, and I put up an interesting link. You decided to jump on me about some agenda.
    You're being judged on what you write. It's a simple concept you seem to struggle with.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm My.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Do you now? That's good. I'd say it simply makes you come across as intolerant and blatantly biased, none of which are particularly endearing traits in a person. Plus, you comment on things you know nothing about (such as the performance of my car), as you haven't driven it.

So are you saying you don't work (or don't drive to work) and only have one car in your household? If not, how many are there, and what's their combined mileage? Also, in terms of your weekend car being driven, how often is 'not that often'. On average, how many miles does it do in a week?

Marco.
    I cycle or catch a bus to work....more often than not cycle. The amount of cars per driver in my household is '1'.

Also, it doesn't take a petrolhead much to be able to best guess the performance of any car, especially with the information you have given. Most importantly, a car with performance is not a performance car. I have owned other cars which are relatively high powered but are not performance cars, by virtue of their weight, handling, power delivery etc. So because a standard car has been mapped doesn't make it a performance car. Especially not, in my humble opinion, a diesel.

Clearly, you don't know when to shut up, 'Mr Petrolhead', and you've had enough warnings for persisting with your very clear agendas. I don't like sharing my paid for webspace with pain in the arse irritants, so cheerio!

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread