+ Reply to Thread
Page 127 of 609 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 6088

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

I'm My.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    After I heard a Monaro VXR literally vibrate the pavement it’s one of those memories that stick with you!
    Nice reg plate too!

It’s all about how it makes you feel.
    Mine is not too rowdy, a catback stainless system gives a nice burble when you lift off and a roar when you gun it - well half throttle to be safe!

I'm Robert.

Indeed, no doubt they'll be a well gaurded Vauxhall Lotus Carlton on show at their museum in Luton amongst untold other gems of every order - Viva's, Firenzas.......

The Loutus Carlton was one heck of an effort from Vauxhall, a classic literally from the off and one in the eye for the Sierra Cosworth brigade I remember.

Another one now going for big big bucks especially if in top order.
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm My.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    Indeed, no doubt they'll be a well gaurded Vauxhall Lotus Carlton on show.

Now that was one hell of an effort from Vauxhall, a classic literally from the off and one in the eye for the Sierra Coswaorth brigade I remember.

Another one now going for big big bucks especially if in top order.
    They do have a Lotus Carlton there - not mollycoddled though, it was out being driven by a car magazine last time I was there.
    The Astra GTEs were a fantastic car - an absolute classic!

I'm My.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    After I heard a Monaro VXR literally vibrate the pavement it’s one of those memories that stick with you!
    Nice reg plate too!

It’s all about how it makes you feel.
    I forgot to mention that the plate came with the car - they aren't my cup of tea personally, but it'd be silly to hand it back to DVLA.

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by argyle View Post
    They do have a Lotus Carlton there - not mollycoddled though, it was out being driven by a car magazine last time I was there.
    The Astra Gates were a fantastic car - an absolute classic!
    Loved my GTE, as you'll know the 16V was the one to have. I had the 8v and two 16V's. A dark aubergine metallic and then the Graphite Black metallic which I subtlely modded - almost identical to this but with nicer 5 spoke alloys in my view of course http://car-from-uk.com/sale.php?id=227283&country=uk
    My System:
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm My.

If I'm right, it had the digital Speedo too. They really had things right then, with the Nova GTE, SR, Astra GTEs Mk1-3, Carltons and Cavaliers. Things have changed terribly.

I'm My.

I had the Golf GTI 16V (MK2 naturally) and it was just a fantastically sorted car. I couldn't pick one fault with it.

I'm Robert.

If I'm right, it had the digital Speedo too. They really had things right then, with the Nova GTE, SR, Astra GTEs Mk1-3, Carltons and Cavaliers. Things have changed terribly.
    Thats the one - went like stink !

Wont lie though, If I could indulge again it would be a Metallic Black Golf R, manual no - DSG malarky, all the toys including full electric panaramic glass roof - oh if only ! ... one day !
    My System:

CDP - Pioneer PD-91

I'm My.

Those Rs are extremely capable - I just think they are a little tainted by the fact that they are lease specials. Not that it removes from the performance of course, but I've always liked a car that you need to respect and learn to live with!

I'm Robert.

I had the Golf GTI 16V (MK2 naturally) and it was just a fantastically sorted car. I couldn't pick one fault with it.
    Great cars, typically solid VW build and better sorted in terms of overall handling than the GTE.

I had a good few 'rows' in the GTE 16V and in a straight line it was a rocket. The twisty stuf though was more of a fight.
    My System:

CDP - Pioneer PD-91

+ Reply to Thread