+ Reply to Thread
Page 551 of 611 FirstFirst ... 51451501541549550551552553561601 ... LastLast
Results 5,501 to 5,510 of 6102

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

I'm Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Back to the Hybrid or not to hybrid discussion earlier.

An interesting article from someone who is probably closer to what is going on than me, and probably more articulate on the subject.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/el...brid-cars.html
    I would say that the person writing the article is likely to have a conscious bias.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

I've just changed jobs and am now going to be on the road a fair bit. My company has a salary sacrifice scheme, and it looks a good way to cost effectively lease an EV. Problem is around 10 of my clients I will need to visit are over 150 miles away, which means either I need an expensive long-range vehicle or have to factor in recharging when I get there or en-route. https://ev-database.uk/cheatsheet/range-electric-car I guess I could get a lower cost EV and use my wife's (diesel) car for the longer trips and she would then use the EV. A PHEV that does 50 miles on electric (my daily commute when I am in either of the two offices I work from) would be ideal, but such a beast doesn't seem to exist - restricted to about 30 miles max from what I can see.

I guess on balance I'm probably best to stick with my ageing VW diesel for another few months and see what happens on the EV front.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    I've just changed jobs and am now going to be on the road a fair bit. My company has a salary sacrifice scheme, and it looks a good way to cost effectively lease an EV. Problem is around 10 of my clients I will need to visit are over 150 miles away, which means either I need an expensive long-range vehicle or have to factor in recharging when I get there or en-route. https://ev-database.uk/cheatsheet/range-electric-car I guess I could get a lower cost EV and use my wife's (diesel) car for the longer trips and she would then use the EV. A PHEV that does 50 miles on electric (my daily commute when I am in either of the two offices I work from) would be ideal, but such a beast doesn't seem to exist - restricted to about 30 miles max from what I can see.

I guess on balance I'm probably best to stick with my ageing VW diesel for another few months and see what happens on the EV front.
    A Tesla model 3 on salary sacrifice will be around £400 a month lease. Go onto zap-map.com and select just Tesla superchargers, or the Tesla supercharger map, you can then see them in relation to your trips. you may find you can easily get to a 150 mile client and just do a quick tip up charge. 15 mins you would get you 25kwh around 90-100 miles range.

It really is easy Peary!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Thanks Adrian, that’s a good point. Having filled up the VW today (not even in the red) it was £115 so I guess it would pretty much pay for itself…
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Grant.

i can get well over 300 with my driving style in summer, but its a fair bit lower in winter etc. you have to take it into acount. good thing with teslas are their charging infostructure. although you would need to look at your areas to make sure. you could get by with a cheaper one if the normal fast chargers are plentiful in areas you'll be driving. i probably wouldnt get a phev. govt are going to make them financially unattractive shortly. get a home charger and a full ev.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    Over 200mpg Grant.
    This reduces on a run, but mine is not a pure hybrid, but a PHEV.
    Places I go to regularly don’t have a decent charge point, so I am not ready to go 100% electric yet.
    thought it was tbh kevin but didnt want to state as high and be proven wrong lol. great your still getting good figures.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Kevin.

You get good figures when running 100% electric most of the time.

However, in the time I have owned the car, my current average is 94.18 mpg. This takes into account the long motorway runs, including those I have left my destination with a flat battery.

I drive at about 135 km/h (GPS) on the motorway, so I am.happy with the economy.
    Kevin

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    You get good figures when running 100% electric most of the time.

However, in the time I have owned the car, my current average is 94.18 mpg. This takes into account the long motorway runs, including those I have left my destination with a flat battery.

I drive at about 135 km/h (GPS) on the motorway, so I am.happy with the economy.
    think its 130 limit over there? so your speeding miladdo..your nicked!! lol
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Kevin.

Yes, but you don't get done until 138. There is a tolerance, that I drive within.
    Kevin

I'm Adrian.

Thanks Adrian, that’s a good point. Having filled up the VW today (not even in the red) it was £115 so I guess it would pretty much pay for itself…
    From that point yes it would and you would be helping the planet a little, every little bit helps! If you want more savings it would need a bit of investment see below.

Sling 6-8 Solar PV panels on the roof about £200 each for efficient ones each giving 390wh at full chat, a simple DC to AC inverter (£1K), a Zappi or OHME EV charger(Inteligent Octopus compatible) about£1K fitted, pay a Solar electrical bod to wire it up and jobs a goodun'. You will charge from Solar for nothing for around 8 months a year if parked on the drive, at least and any spare will supplement you electric needs in the home, if you need charging over night a move to Intelligent Octopus(23:30 to 05:00 cheap electric) or alternatively OVOEnergy Drive plans (24 hour cheap charging) and you will charge up at 7.5p/kwh with Octopus or around 5p/kwh with OVOEnergy, other suppliers offer EV charging as well. If you select a Hybrid AC/DC Inverter carefully you can scale up in the future and add batteries and more solar PV and become less dependent on the grid like us.

If you need more info just PM me.

PS Personally I would avoid EDF like the plague, I had major issues concerning persistent threats and harassment from them last year for a long time and we had already left them, resulting in an OFGEM case against them, which we won and received two lots of compensation, and I hate them vehemently!!!
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

+ Reply to Thread