+ Reply to Thread
Page 539 of 611 FirstFirst ... 39439489529537538539540541549589 ... LastLast
Results 5,381 to 5,390 of 6102

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    you'd think given the price of it now.

How did he manage in 'The Good Life'? It's never properly explained is it?
    think he had a generator and supposedly burnt some of his animal/vegetable produce..methane maybe?
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    they do work in all weathers; obviously best in full sun but they still produce leccy.

https://www.eonenergy.com/spark/do-s...in-winter.html
    I know but it's a waste of money here, because of how the row of houses is aligned you can't put them south facing so they are not even in the direct line of sight of the sun except for a couple of hours in the morning during the summer.

There's a housing association house a few down from me that has them fitted.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

think he had a generator and supposedly burnt some of his animal/vegetable produce..methane maybe?
    looked it up lol... They generate their own electricity with methane from animal waste
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

I know but it's a waste of money here, because of how the row of houses is aligned you can't put them south facing so they are not even in the direct line of sight of the sun except for a couple of hours in the morning during the summer.

There's a housing association house a few down from me that has them fitted.
    i'd be ok.. back of house faces south and is in sun most of day
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

looked it up lol... They generate their own electricity with methane from animal waste
    I wonder how much waste would be required in reality? IIRC he has some chickens, two pigs and a goat which is surely not enough? Although I suppose they had an Aga so their only leccy requirement is lighting but there were no eco-bulbs in those days, twenty watts was the lowest I think.

But then how do you run the Aga, those things eat fuel like it's going out of fashion.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Grant.

I wonder how much waste would be required in reality? IIRC he has some chickens, two pigs and a goat which is surely not enough? Although I suppose they had an Aga so their only leccy requirement is lighting but there were no eco-bulbs in those days, twenty watts was the lowest I think.

But then how do you run the Aga, those things eat fuel like it's going out of fashion.
    i'd think a lot more than that tbh.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Gary.

Given all the recent talk of fuel economy and mileage, thought Id pitch in with this one.

Happily,
    some movement on my Alfa from the Garage.

Went over last week to check on progress, with a more direct "now or never" approach and the guy responded well.
    He has taken on an extra fabricator (ex Alfa guy actually) and is tasked with staying with my car till its done.

I saw the work done so far, manifold in place, one Cat welded in and should be ready "next week".
    Shall see, but more confidence this time.

Funny story though?

Id complained his delay was causing me money getting to work and He apologized for not offering sooner but asked if i wanted a car to get me back on the road for the short time left.
    "Sure" says I, What do you have.

No driveable cars at the moment, says He, but you can have one of my own two.
    His Lexus was being used by his Wife to take kids to school etc, so he offered me his....

well.
    heres a photo of it parked up at Work.

(excuse the shoddy parking, was still getting used to the size of it)

And another parked up at Tesco.

US imported left hand drive Dodge Ram,
    5.9 ltr Cummins Turbodiesel engine.
    You can imagine the noise it makes, its actually louder.

Strictly for (short) work journeys only as its WAY too big for local roads and pisses away fuel at a scary rate.
    The opposite of the ideal courtesy car, would have been happier with a 1.6 Fiesta but hey..

Coolest thing Ive ever driven.
    The thing is a Beast.
    Garage does a lot of work for Knockhill racing teams and he uses it to haul engine parts, tyres n stuff there and back.
    Its been heavily modded from stock, biblical levels of torque on it.

Totally different experience from driving a car, feels like driving a barge.
    Once you get your head around it NOT being a car you can have a lot of fun with it.

Just the Stetson and Gun rack to get, then Im sorted.
    Last edited by Gazjam; 10-06-2022 at 20:19.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Grant.

good news by way of it... oh thats the worst park job ever (tho i know why you did it)
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Monster truck. If you get stuck in traffic you can just drive over the other cars.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Gary.

Monster truck. If you get stuck in traffic you can just drive over the other cars.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

+ Reply to Thread