+ Reply to Thread
Page 311 of 611 FirstFirst ... 211261301309310311312313321361411 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,110 of 6102

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

I'm Steve.

Serves him right for trying to race with white van man. Those guys don't hang about
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

The rest of the bits for my 'Blade should arrive today, so I'll set to on Sunday cobbling it together. Then all I need is a battery to have it up and running. And the fairing lower to deal with. Blackpool Honda quoted me a price of 400 and something + VAT for a genuine replacement in the right colours, and it wouldn't land till about October, so I need to see if I can get a good repair job done fingers crossed. The damage isn't bad, just a bit scraped in a small area.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Jon.

KTM Superduke 1290R SE.
    Going to see this on Saturday with a view to buy if i can get a good deal.
    1301cc V-Twin, 180bhp, 0-60 in 2.6 and weighs in at 190KG, what could possibly go wrong!
    Pics of actual bike..

I'm Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    The rest of the bits for my 'Blade should arrive today, so I'll set to on Sunday cobbling it together. Then all I need is a battery to have it up and running. And the fairing lower to deal with. Blackpool Honda quoted me a price of 400 and something + VAT for a genuine replacement in the right colours, and it wouldn't land till about October, so I need to see if I can get a good repair job done fingers crossed. The damage isn't bad, just a bit scraped in a small area.
    Any further on with the bike?

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by InThe Sticks View Post
    Any further on with the bike?
    The rest of the bits finally landed Saturday morning, so my plan was to put it together Sunday. Unfortunately the weather had other plans (never stopped all day), and the garage is too full of other folks' crap. So now I gotta wait till next Sunday

I'll be getting my mate round to assist me, as I'm a bit scared of that paddock stand, even though I now also have the bobbins and frame forks. We always used to work together on our bikes, so maybe it'll fire him up to get another one

Hopefully it'll then be rideable, and I can get it to Fastline for an MOT and talk to them about repairing the fairing lower. Because £525 for a new one is taking the piss a bit.

Have fun with the KTM, that is some beast. 190bhp? And they have finally grown into their looks

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Jon.

Good news, you should be getting excited!
    As for the damaged fairing, it's worth finding a "smart repairer" as good ones can do wonders with small paint corrections or plastic repairs.
    My RGV250 headlight cowling and main fairing were cracked pretty badly and the guy i used at the time to do smart repairs on our used cars, not only plastic welded them but sprayed them as well. You’d never know they were damaged in the first place.

I'm Steve.

Thanks for the heads up Jon.

Fastline Motorcycles in Preston probably have such a person on their books - they do sell a lot of restored early-ish Jap bikes, like RD350s, Kawasaki triples, Suzuki Gammas etc. They even have a low miles Honda NR750 (remember them?) oval piston jobbies, which they were selling for £110,000, then decided to keep it I'll have a word with them.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Jon.

Cool, it'll do you no end of good to be back in the saddle

So, i called up to place a deposit (without viewing) on the 1290R SE i posted yesterday and it had been sold, but fortunately there was another for sale locally, and after a bit of haggling i placed a £500 deposit on the beast and i pick it up this Saturday.
    I am almost peeing my pants with excitement

The actual bike..

Yes, it’s a lot for a toy, but if we don’t start spending, then our country will never get back on its feet!

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by InThe Sticks View Post
    Cool, it'll do you no end of good to be back in the saddle

So, i called up to place a deposit (without viewing) on the 1290R SE i posted yesterday and it had been sold, but fortunately there was another for sale locally, and after a bit of haggling i placed a £500 deposit on the beast and i pick it up this Saturday.
    I am almost peeing my pants with excitement

The actual bike..

Yes, it’s a lot for a toy, but if we don’t start spending, then our country will never get back on its feet!
    Lol, well pleased for you Jon, you're gonna feel sweet riding that, just be safe and watch out for the idiots
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Steve.

I assume 1290 is the cc's it's gonna be a bit of a torque-monster. All going through a contact patch the size of a fag packet! Have fun, I know you will

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread