+ Reply to Thread
Page 215 of 609 FirstFirst ... 115165205213214215216217225265315 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 6088

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

I'm Justin.

The company car is back. So long as it is electric. The incentives for company purchase are seriously good.

They told me the vast majority of purchases are company ones and gave me the details of the incentives.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    The company car is back. So long as it is electric. The incentives for company purchase are seriously good.

They told me the vast majority of purchases are company ones and gave me the details of the incentives.
    yup, like leasing, and thats what they are, leased, its replaced, serviced etc regularly, for a all in price. ok you dont have a car at end of it, but the way cars and regs are going that is probably going to be a bonus.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Default i need !

i have a bmw 320 d coupe that has been mapped to 190 bhp, i have a yamaha xs 650, but i need a vincent black lightning in my life !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

One of my saddo hobbies/obsessions is collecting old car brochures. This picture from the "Vauxhall All Model Catalogue April-May" (1976) has often intrigued me - was the Marketing person in charge on crack? Who thought this was a good idea as a "set" to sell cars? As they said in the 70's, "answers on a postcard, please"!

Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Geoff.

My father in law had one. He commuted 200 miles a day for years in it and it never missed a beat. It was a good little car!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

I love old car brochures.

The Chevette looks pretty good which is an achievement in itself and it's all interestingly 1970s English. Check out the massive bonfire going on in the distance.

More please.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    One of my saddo hobbies/obsessions is collecting old car brochures. This picture from the "Vauxhall All Model Catalogue April-May" (1976) has often intrigued me - was the Marketing person in charge on crack? Who thought this was a good idea as a "set" to sell cars? As they said in the 70's, "answers on a postcard, please"!

Given the Rozzer looks like Graham Chapman, (And fits the bizarreness of the photo) I’ll go a bit Python:

A different take on “Hells Grannies” ....
    “Are you aware of how badly you were driving Miss?”
    “I do like a man in uniform Young man, can we get away with a warning...sorry, I flirted...It’s a terrible habit.”

(Proceeds to knock his hat off with a cucumber and speeds off)
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Jon.

Should hopefully have the payout from my bike accident in a couple of weeks and have decided to not get another sports bike, but instead go for something a bit more sedate.
    I've a feeling 125bhp vs the 190 i'm used to may be a problem at first, but at my age i really do need to slow down a bit. That said, after fitting a full Akrapovic system and a power commander, it should have a little more grunt.
    Stock photo of the exact colour scheme i'm going for..

I'm Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by InThe Sticks View Post
    Should hopefully have the payout from my bike accident in a couple of weeks and have decided to not get another sports bike, but instead go for something a bit more sedate.
    I've a feeling 125bhp vs the 190 i'm used to may be a problem at first, but at my age i really do need to slow down a bit. That said, after fitting a full Akrapovic system and a power commander, it should have a little more grunt.
    Stock photo of the exact colour scheme i'm going for..

AHHH yer big pansy, get an H2R and put it on the road...… Seriously that looks a very nice bike, bit kinder to your back as well. An old pal of mine, Richard Austin of Austin Racing fame makes a cracking exhaust system for it.
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

+ Reply to Thread