+ Reply to Thread
Page 370 of 611 FirstFirst ... 270320360368369370371372380420470 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,700 of 6102

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

I'm Geoff.

I blew my tyres up a couple of days ago for the MOT which the car will be going in for in about ten minutes. The only thing that needs looking at is a blocked n/s screenwasher, I tried poking the jets clear, but it's not working, probably a bit of crap in the pipe.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

looks like another battery needed.. it gets used every 4 days or so for a decent run but thats it gone flat as its been 6 days.. wont be getting another. rac to arrive sometime
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    looks like another battery needed.. it gets used every 4 days or so for a decent run but thats it gone flat as its been 6 days.. wont be getting another. rac to arrive sometime
    That is a bad car... doesn't matter how infrequently you use it, not unreasonable to expect it to work when you do. Anyway, it looks like hybrids are a bit of a dead end - no more made after 2030, along with petrols and diesels. Might as well go for a petrol or diesel, or even full electric if you're able to charge at home.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    That is a bad car... doesn't matter how infrequently you use it, not unreasonable to expect it to work when you do. Anyway, it looks like hybrids are a bit of a dead end - no more made after 2030, along with petrols and diesels. Might as well go for a petrol or diesel, or even full electric if you're able to charge at home.
    just fixed. yes new battery again.. no reason for it. toyota just give out same crap they have for 7 years apparently.

if i cant get out to try new ones, then this will go back and i will just have to be carless. not taking another year; or thats currently how i feel
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Yes definitely an issue there Grant. My beemer for the last year has been left sitting for up to three weeks at a time (at least up to now- I was furloughed yesterday), though I have been taking it for a good run when I have been home, and it’s been fine.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    just fixed. yes new battery again.. no reason for it. toyota just give out same crap they have for 7 years apparently.

if i cant get out to try new ones, then this will go back and i will just have to be carless. not taking another year; or thats currently how i feel
    getting out to try new cars is a no-no for most folk at the moment - if you have a shortlist of contenders, get dealers to bring them to you, make em earn their money Them C-HRs aren't cheap, dealer should be looking after you better.

Could be worse - at least you haven't thrown all your hard-earned at it, and can give it back. I assume it's a Motability jobbie. Anita really liked these cars, and she is on the Motability scheme, but that is really off-putting. Shame really, I bet they're great apart from this problem.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    getting out to try new cars is a no-no for most folk at the moment - if you have a shortlist of contenders, get dealers to bring them to you, make em earn their money Them C-HRs aren't cheap, dealer should be looking after you better.

Could be worse - at least you haven't thrown all your hard-earned at it, and can give it back. I assume it's a Motability jobbie. Anita really liked these cars, and she is on the Motability scheme, but that is really off-putting. Shame really, I bet they're great apart from this problem.
    its the only issue i have tbh. but its a biggish one. i dont really think issue is it not getting used enough. battery goes from 12v to 4v just like that. that shouldnt happen. toyota are just giving same stock answer they have been using for several years.

My problem is, can i get in a car and can my hoist and scooter. after that if there is a choice then i can look at other aspects. It is a very pleasent car to drive tho and a looker as well.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I haven't used my car for about 10 weeks - it's been sat in the garage (presumably sulking and feeling unloved), so I though I had better see if it was still OK.

Initial impressions were encouraging: the engine immobiliser light was still winking, and the car unlocked as it should. Pleased to say it started immediately without hesitation, so I applied a bit of revs to 'top up' the battery for about 20 minutes, whilst I listened to the car radio.
    Barry

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    ...so I applied a bit of revs to 'top up' the battery for about 20 minutes, whilst I listened to the car radio.
    Wouldn't it have been better taking it for a quick drive, while listening to the radio? The thought of sitting revving an engine for 20 mins fills me with horror...

Also, 10 weeks without using your car - what about shopping? Have you been able to source *everything* you've needed during that time within walking distance? If so, you're lucky. I've been using my car regularly for food shopping trips and going to church twice a week (which is around 20 mins away).

Cars need to be driven. The worst thing for them is being left sitting idle for long periods.

That said, the Brabster always starts first time, no matter how long it's laid idle, despite being nearly 12 years old and left outside in all weathers

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

No, it was raining and anyway I don't see the point in driving aimlessly around just to charge the battery.

Had it been hesitant to start, I might have driven it down to the M25 and back, a round trip of 22 miles.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread