+ Reply to Thread
Page 205 of 611 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207215255305 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,050 of 6102

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

I'm John.

Oh yes, see on at the front and one to the left hand side. Didn't realise the power electronics were liquid cooled. Out of warranty I expect cars like this could be a real liability. Wonder what it would cost to replace the batteries and associated electronics in the event of a major fault. Knowing Toyota though I imagine it's very well built and electrically protected. That engine bay is immaculate in its execution, how they design that is beyond me.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    No problem, just plug your laptop in and a couple of clicks will get you some bloke at the other side of the world, who has the correct feeler gauge
    You like a nice 'feeler gauge' don't you, Steven? Would you like Ronnie, my motor mechanic, in his greasy tented-overalls, to come and 'service' you with his feeler gauge? Mmm, eh... I bet you would, you dirty boy. I've seen your browsing history... Never mind Car Rescue, you want something else 'rescued', don't you? All that fluid built up in your tank, I bet... You want big Ronnie to drain your tank with his pump-head plunger, don't you, mmm, eh...? You need a good drilling, don't you? You dirty, dirty boy...

And you've had more than a few 'tappets' loose for years

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Steve.

Ah, Ronnie, he's not rotated my wheels for some time, he's been busy re-upholstering the sheep in Snowdonia, reckons some deviant has rubbed their rear seats threadbare. But when he calls to ask if I want an interim service, I'll say "I do Ron Ron Ron, I do Ron Ron"

Seriously Marco, you shouldn't have had that cold beer on an empty stomach.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

Have you ever watched a programme called 'Fonejacker'?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Steve.

I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

Lol, dat's da one... One of the funniest series ever!!

Well, what I wrote earlier about 'Ronnie', should be read in the style of Donald Donaldson:

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Dave.

Default Car battery/door lock problems

Does an interior light left on in a car normally run the battery down overnight?

Today I had to break into my car, setting off the alarm, as the remote keys didn't work. The garage I spoke to suggested that an interior light had been left on, but I wouldn't expect that to run the battery down overnight.

The problem with the car seems to be due to a badly fitting rear boot lid in a Toyota Prius - the catch doesn't always work well. However, I still wouldn't have expected a problem within 12 hours - so is the 12V starter battery also now at end of life?
    Dave

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by dave2010 View Post
    Does an interior light left on in a car normally run the battery down overnight?

Today I had to break into my car, setting off the alarm, as the remote keys didn't work. The garage I spoke to suggested that an interior light had been left on, but I wouldn't expect that to run the battery down overnight.

The problem with the car seems to be due to a badly fitting rear boot lid in a Toyota Prius - the catch doesn't always work well. However, I still wouldn't have expected a problem within 12 hours - so is the 12V starter battery also now at end of life?
    If it was only a single 5 watt boot lamp it shouldn't have flattened a good battery but if all the interior lights were on it's possible.

I'd say if your battery is more than 4 or 5 years old it's probably down on performance by a noticeable amount as these types of cars use the stop-start system all the time which reduces battery life.

If you'd done a few short journeys or used the start-stop system a lot just prior to leaving the boot light on all night it may just have been the last straw on the camel's back.

I'm Chris.

A car battery is usually fairly quickly charged via the cars alternator - (it could be improved upon greatly by using large capacitors and inductors ) and should charge up in about 40 mins of driving, or
    if unable to start at all then, by using a car battery charger - you need to disconnect the positive lead of the battery, normally connecting to the car whilst charging with a external charger ,
    and leave charging for approximately 15 hrs. Ideally the car battery should be removed whilst externally charging .

Your boot may also have a lamp that is On as a result of the boot not shutting. Two such lamps left on for 10 hrs would begin to challenge ability to reliably start the next day,
    being approximately 1.5 amps of current draw -per hour over 10 hrs duration

I'm Grant.

just wonder if any perimeter lights might have been on too. but is suggests if that was the case that one small bulb did it your battery must have been nearly gone. might have been some other tho, so worth recharging battery carefully and then testing it
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread