+ Reply to Thread
Page 116 of 170 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1699

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Yeah, I know what you mean about spending money on 'unsexy' stuff like batteries, but needs must. My car is a major passion of mine (more so than my hi-fi), so whatever needs spending on it gets spent...

Aside from the 200-odd on a new battery, I've just spent over 500 on two new tyres! The joys of motoring...

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

BE HAPPY EVERYDAY!

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Yeah, I know what you mean about spending money on 'unsexy' stuff like batteries, but needs must. My car is a major passion of mine (more so than my hi-fi), so whatever needs spending on it gets spent...

Aside from the 200-odd on a new battery, I've just spent over 500 on two new tyres! The joys of motoring...

Marco.
    A fast motor needs good tyres,
    cambridge audio azur 651w power amp, novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, tannoy dc4t]
    , van damme blue series interconnects, van damme studio blue 4mm speaker cable, klotz mc 5000 ,klotz silver hybrid, thanks Brian, fisual hollywood optical cable,, pioneer bdp170, akg k 550

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    A fast motor needs good tyres,
    So do slow ones!

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    So do slow ones!
    Very true but you know what I mean. I had a 1991 cbr600 fm it came with Michelin m59 macadam's I think they were called,God awful even in the summer on a bike that could do 150mph and 0 to 60 in just around 3.5seconds, couldn't feel the road at all
    cambridge audio azur 651w power amp, novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, tannoy dc4t]
    , van damme blue series interconnects, van damme studio blue 4mm speaker cable, klotz mc 5000 ,klotz silver hybrid, thanks Brian, fisual hollywood optical cable,, pioneer bdp170, akg k 550

Cool Michelin Pilot Sport 4s in situ...

Just thought I'd take a few snaps of the car, with new tyres fitted, as I haven't done so for a while...

Some sexy 'pipes':

The old girl's still looking quite good I think!

Marco.

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

BE HAPPY EVERYDAY!

I'm Grant.

Low profile I see. Very low
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/EMOTIVA XPS1/12V BATTERY - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP\WE TUBED - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10, AUDIRVANA 3 PLUS, TIDAL - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI/AUDIOPHONICS/VOLUMIO/5V BATTERY - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN/Q ACOUSTIC BT3/CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

I'm Martin.

There's hardly any tire at all. Does it ride a bit hard over bumps?
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Technics SLP1200 CD Player * NVA P90SA passive pre / Krell KSA50S Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

Yeah it's crazy. It's Italian television crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Low profile I see. Very low
    Yeah (30), almost as low as you can get, which I think is 25. I like the rather 'mean' look (which suits the wheels), plus the grip and 'securely planted' feel on the road low-profile tyres give [in conjunction with lowered sports suspension], especially at high speeds, is superb!

Marco.

BE HAPPY EVERYDAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    There's hardly any tire at all. Does it ride a bit hard over bumps?
    Lol - well you've been in it often enough! Did the ride feel comfortable?

It can be hard over some bumps, but you just try and avoid the big ones, and the Bilstein shocks smooth things out nicely and help to cushion the ride. Fortunately round here the roads are generally well maintained and in good condition.

Marco.

BE HAPPY EVERYDAY!

I'm Andy.

Just thought I would join in.
    Currently have 3 vehicles in the family.
    Wife's daily is a Focus ST2 (2015)
    Mine is an Audi TT (Mk1) 225
    Also finishing of a very long rebuild of a VW camper van (which once MOT'd I will be looking to sell).

Have also rode bikes for the last 40 years but not had one for the last 12 and hoping to get one this year (if I can finish and sell the van for the right price)!

A pic of the TT:

The last bike I owned was a Kawasaki ZZ6R which was good fun - a quick pic:

Been test riding a few bikes last year to see in which direction I want to go and very spoilt for choice

A quick pic of the van before the work:
    Main system:

Digital.
    Raspberry PI plus IQAudio DAC+. Philips DCC 730. NAS drive
    Analogue.
    Michell Orbe with arm decoupling kit. AudioNote Arm 1 V2. Goldring Elite MC and Cairn Boost
    Lenco L75 in Birch ply plinth. Linn Basik Plus. A&R P77 cart (Paratrace by Expert)

Amp. Pure Sound A30
    Speakers. Reiver Jenna floor standers

+ Reply to Thread