+ Reply to Thread
Page 232 of 611 FirstFirst ... 132182222230231232233234242282332 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,320 of 6102

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

I'm Gary.

I'm not disagreeing but they sell around 80,000 i10s every year in Europe alone, even if a full size spare wheel was only £10 they've saved a million quid
    Marantz CD63 KI Signature
    Project Debut II
    Pioneer A656 Reference
    Epos M5s
    Atacama Stands
    Maplin speaker cable cos I can't hear a difference
    Various interconnects as above

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    I'm not disagreeing but they sell around 80,000 i10s every year in Europe alone, even if a full size spare wheel was only £10 they've saved a million quid
    Probably not quite as simple as that though. They could charge the customers for proper spare wheels, though perhaps that would reduce the sales slightly. Maybe give customers the option of paying more for sensible spares - though the boot space would have to be compatible with both wheel sizes.

The inconvenience of not having a spare wheel can be considerable.
    Dave

I'm Geoff.

Nothing wrong with a 'space saver' spare wheel if used as intended. The idea being that it's to get you out of trouble and you get the tyre that needs attention dealt with as quickly as possible.

A 'space saver' is preferable to the recent alternative of no spare wheel and just a bottle of puncture repair goo and air pump being provided, which is near useless.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Nothing wrong with a 'space saver' spare wheel if used as intended. The idea being that it's to get you out of trouble and you get the tyre that needs attention dealt with as quickly as possible.

A 'space saver' is preferable to the recent alternative of no spare wheel and just a bottle of puncture repair goo and air pump being provided, which is near useless.
    Depends where you are when you need a spare/assistance. Parts of Scotland, for example, pose more problems than some English cities.
    Dave

I'm Jon.

^ This.
    If you have anything other than a small nail/screw through the tyre then these are hopeless, as any puncture bigger will just leak the gloop out and not seal it.
    And most tyre places will refuse to repair a tyre that has been temporarily repaired this way.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Space-saver wheel you say? Not sure I've got room, as someone seems to have put a 12" sub in the way....

But yes, I agree with the principle on space-saver wheels. Loving that intercooler upgrade, btw... Bet that's 'cheered things up' nicely!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Adam.

Out of interest, do you have a cover for the sub driver when you actually want to use the boot for carrying stuff?!
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Gary.

Speaking of spaces avers, this might make you chuckle

https://www.fiatforum.com/leisure-lo...now-tyres.html
    Project Debut II
    Pioneer A656 Reference
    Epos M5s
    Atacama Stands

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Speaking of spaces avers, this might make you chuckle

https://www.fiatforum.com/leisure-lo...now-tyres.html
    Funny how the gullible fall for a wind up every time!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Gary.

Funny how the gullible fall for a wind up every time!
    I honestly couldn't believe it

I did the same wind up on a VW forum and nobody fell for it, speaks volumes about FIAT owners lol
    Project Debut II
    Pioneer A656 Reference
    Epos M5s
    Atacama Stands

+ Reply to Thread