+ Reply to Thread
Page 549 of 611 FirstFirst ... 49449499539547548549550551559599 ... LastLast
Results 5,481 to 5,490 of 6102

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I don't get that. If you are using power it will eventually run out. Even if you still have some left by the time the hold up is cleared, is it enough to get you to the next charging point? Which of course will be full of people waiting to charge who have also burned most of their power going no-where.
    It’s changing fast, over a thousand companies in the last year have signed up to the Octopus EV car lease scheme that offer salary sacrifice tax saving and makes it cheaper to get an EV, it saves companies on costs in varies ways, obviously fossil fuel is one of those.

See https://octopusev.com she also talks about it on

https://youtu.be/vxC7DdvsQHs

https://youtu.be/SN5G3tF6dy8

Goodwood record broken

https://youtu.be/5JYp9eGC3Cc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post

Electric-Hydro is also a possibility, we just have not invested in it in the uk. Generate power from it and store some to pump water back up to the top reservoir in a closed loop system, this is implemented in lots of places around the world.

There's at least one in Wales, Electric Mountain, I've been on the tour.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Adrian.

I though some of you might find this cool, or at least interesting of what the future holds.

https://twitter.com/WholeMarsBlog/st...QvV8GHGqnpUEYA
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I'm Grant.

its on wrong side of rd. a major issue in this country will be lack of visible lines on rds etc for a start.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    There's at least one in Wales, Electric Mountain, I've been on the tour.
    think there are 2 majors in scotland. really should be more.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Adrian.

For those of you interested in some thoughts on ECO stuff, robert Llewellyn's recent podcast is interesting, if you are not interested in MyEnergi EV chargers and heating management skip the first 6 minutes as he talks about it, they sponsor the Fully charged site and he has to support them.

If you are from Texas, or another oil rich area and especially if you own an oil filed you probably won't enjoy it!

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    its on wrong side of rd. a major issue in this country will be lack of visible lines on rds etc for a start.
    Nope, it detects the roads edge when no lines with the cameras and creates a lane, even narrow lanes it works, but becomes more defensive, slows down more, when meeting approaching traffic.

I'm Grant.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Adrian.

There is an important point in the article

"While these data paint a dismal picture of the safety of these systems, they pale in comparison to the over 40,000 reported fatal crashes that occurred in the United States in 2021 alone.

As part of the same report, NHTSA itself highlights some of the methodological limitations of the study: from the incompleteness of some of the source data to failing to account for individual manufacturers’ total vehicle volume or distance travelled by vehicles."

It is also very worthwhile to remember the National Post is a predominantly right wing supported/funded broad sheet and remember CA has some serious Oil/Gas and COAL deposits and the major industries influencers there would certainly like to dumb down anything to do with EVs whether autonomous capable or not. We spent many years going to CA and owned a property in BC and we very soon learnt that some of the mentality was not that far removed from the Texan Oil basher when it came to these arguments, not all of them certainly but those in control and power rich definitely.

There has been similar stuff published here and in the EU, primarily aimed at EV's with levels of autonomous driving capability, you try and find an article that sights an ICE vehicle with issues from autonomous driving, when in fact they do exist with the same level of autonomous driving capabilities as a Tesla of Honda for example, I wonder why that might be?

I'm Martin.

I think it is likely that if everyone used autonomous vehicles then accidents will be reduced.

Will not be 100 percent safe but the machine is less likely to make an error than a human.

It won't be chatting on the phone or looking at Youtube clips or Facebook whilst it is driving.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread