+ Reply to Thread
Page 550 of 611 FirstFirst ... 50450500540548549550551552560600 ... LastLast
Results 5,491 to 5,500 of 6102

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

I'm Grant.

A Tesla driver in the United States has claimed that their vehicle's "Full Self-Driving" system caused a crash earlier this month, prompting an investigation by traffic safety authorities.

The driver, who was taking part in the feature's beta test, said their Tesla Model Y strayed into the wrong lane and was hit by another vehicle, according to a complaint filed with the US National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).

"The car went into the wrong lane and I was hit by another driver in the lane next to my lane," the driver wrote.

According to the driver's complaint, the Tesla alerted them to the other vehicle part-way through the turn into the other lane.

However, when the driver tried to turn the wheel to avoid a collision, the Tesla "forced itself into the incorrect lane, creating an unsafe manoeuvre putting everyone involved at risk," they said.

An NHTSA spokesperson told the Associated Press that the agency was aware of the crash, which took place on November 3, and was communicating with Tesla to learn more about the incident.

Tesla, which has disbanded its press office, did not respond to requests for comment.

The company began rolling out a new beta version of its FSD driver assist system in September, initially offering the software to Tesla owners with a high "safety score" via a button in the company's app.

The beta test ran into issues last month when Tesla had to roll back the release of FSD 10.3 after detecting safety issues in the software.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I think it is likely that if everyone used autonomous vehicles then accidents will be reduced.

Will not be 100 percent safe but the machine is less likely to make an error than a human.

It won't be chatting on the phone or looking at Youtube clips or Facebook whilst it is driving.
    I think if all cars are auto drive then things will go more smoothly, once all the bugs are out of system although that might take some doing.
    Alas there are so many rare, but dangerous situations, and some that are not at all dangerous that these systems cant yet make a correct call on. Humans in general are still way ahead on this, as we are smart (well most of us lol), unlike current Aev's
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Most common cause of RTA in the UK is failure to look properly due to tiredness, complacency or distractions. A computer won't be prone to any of those issues.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Most common cause of RTA in the UK is failure to look properly due to tiredness, complacency or distractions. A computer won't be prone to any of those issues.
    distracted and speeding i'd say
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    distracted and speeding i'd say
    No, speeding does cause accidents but it is way down the list:

Driver failed to look properly - 42,189 accidents reported
    Driver failed to judge other person’s path or speed - 21,211 accidents reported
    Driver was careless, reckless or in a hurry - 17,845 accidents reported
    Driver had poor turn or maneuver - 15,560 accidents reported
    Loss of control - 12,151 accidents reported
    Pedestrian failed to look properly - 8,687 accidents reported
    Slippery road surface - 7,327 accidents reported
    Driver was travelling too fast for conditions - 6,468 accidents reported
    Driver was following too close - 6,040 accidents reported
    Driver was exceeding speed limit - 5,102 accidents reported
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Martin.

No, speeding does cause accidents but it is way down the list:

Driver failed to look properly - 42,189 accidents reported
    Driver failed to judge other person’s path or speed - 21,211 accidents reported
    Driver was careless, reckless or in a hurry - 17,845 accidents reported
    Driver had poor turn or maneuver - 15,560 accidents reported
    Loss of control - 12,151 accidents reported
    Pedestrian failed to look properly - 8,687 accidents reported
    Slippery road surface - 7,327 accidents reported
    Driver was travelling too fast for conditions - 6,468 accidents reported
    Driver was following too close - 6,040 accidents reported
    Driver was exceeding speed limit - 5,102 accidents reported
    All of those except pedestrian failing to look and slippery road surface would be vastly reduced by having a computer do the driving.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Adrian.

I think it is likely that if everyone used autonomous vehicles then accidents will be reduced.

Will not be 100 percent safe but the machine is less likely to make an error than a human.

It won't be chatting on the phone or looking at Youtube clips or Facebook whilst it is driving.
    Yes it won't happen instantly but it is coming. Also this will accelerate once cars are limited to speed limits by the chips/programed already in cars built roughly over the last 5 years, just needs switching on at a service, making it easier for and safer overall.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Adrian.

Back to the Hybrid or not to hybrid discussion earlier.

An interesting article from someone who is probably closer to what is going on than me, and probably more articulate on the subject.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/el...brid-cars.html
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Back to the Hybrid or not to hybrid discussion earlier.

An interesting article from someone who is probably closer to what is going on than me, and probably more articulate on the subject.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/el...brid-cars.html
    used right they can contribute greatly, but alas i was reading that most company car drivers just dont use the battery at all as company pays for juice.
    one of our members in france has one and his daily commute doesnt require him to use engine. just on longer runs. he was still getting well over 100mpg. a guy on the mobility forum is getting about 150 with his. trouble with most evs are they are not suitible for a lot of disabled folk. either its very difficult to get into and/or the boot space isnt able to take wheelchairs etc.
    the ev i have is ok getting into, but boot is small. i had to sell my scooter and buy a folding one; cost a bomb plus a hoist as i still couldnt lift it. nothing is simple
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    used right they can contribute greatly, but alas i was reading that most company car drivers just dont use the battery at all as company pays for juice.
    one of our members in france has one and his daily commute doesnt require him to use engine. just on longer runs. he was still getting well over 100mpg. a guy on the mobility forum is getting about 150 with his. trouble with most evs are they are not suitible for a lot of disabled folk. either its very difficult to get into and/or the boot space isnt able to take wheelchairs etc.
    the ev i have is ok getting into, but boot is small. i had to sell my scooter and buy a folding one; cost a bomb plus a hoist as i still couldnt lift it. nothing is simple
    Over 200mpg Grant.
    This reduces on a run, but mine is not a pure hybrid, but a PHEV.
    Places I go to regularly don’t have a decent charge point, so I am not ready to go 100% electric yet.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

+ Reply to Thread