+ Reply to Thread
Page 394 of 611 FirstFirst ... 294344384392393394395396404444494 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,940 of 6102

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

I'm Steve.

If you have a diesel car and fuel becomes unobtainable/stupidly expensive, you could run it on chip pan oil. A mate of mine did that, got his oil from takeaways I believe.

It is likely though that said takeaways will see the value of their biodiesel and start asking silly money too. In which case I predict panic buying of Spry Crisp'n'Dry at the supermarkets. Uncertain times ahead
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

Get a gas turbine car and you can run it on that cheap perfume you can buy down the market. No-one will have thought of that. While they all queueing for their crisp and dry you drive past them in a waft of fake Paco Raban.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Martin.

Plus you can pretend you are Commander Straker from 'UFO.'
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Edd.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    If you have a diesel car and fuel becomes unobtainable/stupidly expensive, you could run it on chip pan oil. A mate of mine did that, got his oil from takeaways I believe.
    Yes, DIY diesel from plant or animal fat will work for older diesels, anything made in the 15 years will still need something properly refined, whether it comes from old dinosaurs or not.

Also as you point out, the alternatives will become very expensive when there is the demand.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Plus you can pretend you are Commander Straker from 'UFO.'
    I'd want one of those birds with the purple hair, or better still there was a brunette working there in a string vest type outfit. She'd do for me

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm sorted.

I'd want one of those birds with the purple hair, or better still there was a brunette working there in a string vest type outfit. She'd do for me
    'Skydiver' crew

I'm Steve.

Nice, but it's got to be the brunette for me

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm sorted.

Nice, but it's got to be the brunette for me

I'm Steve.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Martin.

lol
    Current Lash Up:

+ Reply to Thread