+ Reply to Thread
Page 581 of 609 FirstFirst ... 81481531571579580581582583591 ... LastLast
Results 5,801 to 5,810 of 6088

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Hi Dave,

Yes, we had the Nissan Leaf high up the list of possible replacements for the Jazz, it will be used mainly for local journeys. The Cha-Cha-demon plug is a bit of a put off, I will see if there are sensibly priced adapters, I don't understand why Nissan continue to use them, they are not exactly popular or maybe that's just here.

Thanks for the video I will take a look.
    There are still many Cha-Cha plugs in use. If you have a wall mounted charger which takes a separate cable, it's probably easy to get another with a Chademo end.
    It looks as though a Leaf would work with our home charger for example - see https://pod-point.com/guides/vehicles/nissan/2018/leaf - though maybe that only refers to relatively recent models. By the time we need a 2nd hand cheap replacement vehicle I expect all the models we'd look at would be compatible.

If you have a tethered charger [which in many ways is more convenient] then you may not have such an easy conversion. There'd probably be cheap slow chargers available - if you didn't mind a very slow rate of charge overnight.

There's also this on Chademo - https://www.greencarfuture.com/elect...m_with_CHAdeMO
    Dave

I'm Grant.

problems with convertion was that the computers talked a different language and the locks were on car for ccs and on charger for chademo. dunno if its been solved
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    problems with convertion was that the computers talked a different language and the locks were on car for ccs and on charger for chademo. dunno if its been solved
    Well having read the article Dave put up we won’t be getting an EV with a Cha-cha connector. It will be CCS so that may put a nail in the Nissan Leaf,

Possibly a used Zoe and buy a beret, or a used Hyundai Kona with wok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Grant.

Well having read the article Dave put up we won’t be getting an EV with a Cha-cha connector. It will be CCS so that may put a nail in the Nissan Leaf,

Possibly a used Zoe and buy a beret, or a used Hyundai Kona with wok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    kona is a great car and has converted lots of petrol heads on the motability forum. not a big boot but its easy in/out
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dave.

Depending on when you might be buying a 2nd EV it's possible the Leaf will still be a goer. Firstly, the price differential may be significant - as the Leafs have been going for around a decade now, so might be possible to pick one up cheaply. Secondly, the newer Leafs may well have CCS, so would still be viable. Zoes will probably be more expensive as a more recent model, though eventually the prices will drop.
    Dave

I'm Geoff.

Tip for cyclists.

If you have cables to feed through outer sleeves and the ends are frayed, degrease the last inch or two of the cable end with thinners and let it dry, then give the end a couple of coats of superglue. When that dries, snip off the frayed bit, grease well and then it should feed through the outer easily as the glue will keep the strands together. You may need to shorten the sleeve to correct for length.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

good tip geoff
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Just had insurance renewal notices for my FireBlade and my Vito van.

Bike premium gone from £150 for the year to £140.

Van insurance has gone from £531 last year to £852.

On last year's policy I paid extra for personal accident cover, which has now been removed. They say that the additional cost of this has been removed accordingly, but this just makes their taking-the-piss quote even worse!

They (Dialdirect) won't be getting my money now, on principle. Even if they come back with a reduced quote.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

And while I'm having a moan, what's going on with the roads? They're all falling apart, I've never seen them so bad. Councils can't even blame frost damage as they have done in the past, the winter hasn't been that cold.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Just had insurance renewal notices for my FireBlade and my Vito van.

Bike premium gone from £150 for the year to £140.

Van insurance has gone from £531 last year to £852.

On last year's policy I paid extra for personal accident cover, which has now been removed. They say that the additional cost of this has been removed accordingly, but this just makes their taking-the-piss quote even worse!

They (Dialdirect) won't be getting my money now, on principle. Even if they come back with a reduced quote.
    a rip off indeed
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread