+ Reply to Thread
Page 559 of 611 FirstFirst ... 59459509549557558559560561569609 ... LastLast
Results 5,581 to 5,590 of 6102

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

I'm Steve.

If a regular car behaved like that it probably wouldn't get past the NCAP testing. That is some weird shit.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

Maybe this is the future of motoring?

Public transport

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    If a regular car behaved like that it probably wouldn't get past the NCAP testing. That is some weird shit.
    The other thing I really detest is when it tries to nudge the steering. It thinks it knows better than i do what line to take. It's just plain annoying - or worse than that. However it's not only Teslas that do that.
    Dave

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by dave2010 View Post
    The other thing I really detest is when it tries to nudge the steering. It thinks it knows better than i do what line to take. It's just plain annoying - or worse than that. However it's not only Teslas that do that.
    yeh, a touch on the indicator stops it happening on mine
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by dave2010 View Post
    Yeah that would do my head in. Looked at another way, if you drove like that in your driving test, the examiner would not be kind

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Grant.

Full safety kit will be on all cars soon I guess. Not that there is as much chance to love driving now but some of these do reduce the fun more. Some are a great help tho
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

I think the days of driving for fun are pretty much over. We may just have to change our way of thinking, and just see it as a way to get from a to b as painlessly as possible. Which looked at logically is the purpose anyway.

Maybe time to look elsewhere for fun. Like skydiving. And for real thrills get your mate to pack your chute the night before after the pub.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Dave.

Yeah that would do my head in. Looked at another way, if you drove like that in your driving test, the examiner would not be kind
    Would depend I think. Some of the road markings are really confusing for the "poor" car systems, so I claim that I do know better than the car. The first time I encountered this issue was in a hire car and somewhere in Suffolk. If I'd kept the car "happy" it would have been up on the pavement and that wasn't even at any significant speed. The Tesla M3 is mostly not too bad - and in any case I turn the feature off - though sometimes it seems to manage to turn things back on again.

Re fun - I used to enjoy driving more - though I don't always dislike it now. Sometimes it's more enjoyable than others - depending on the roads, the traffic and how I feel.

OK - some of you guys will disagree - but one bit of "fun" which really gets to me is cars or more likely motor bikes which make excessive noise for no very good reason. There isn't any point in having cars or bikes which make excessive noise just to draw attention to themselves.
    We live by the side of a main route and sometimes the exuberant noise makers are a real pain. What is more, sometimes when I look the riders seem to be riding pathetic little things not much bigger than a moped!
    Dave

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I think the days of driving for fun are pretty much over. We may just have to change our way of thinking, and just see it as a way to get from a to b as painlessly as possible. Which looked at logically is the purpose anyway.

Maybe time to look elsewhere for fun. Like skydiving. And for real thrills get your mate to pack your chute the night before after the pub.
    The days of driving for fun on the 'open road' were over at least ten years ago. There are far more vehicles on the road these days - and the general standard of driving is poor. It seems that drivers are only interested in getting from A to B in the shortest time possible, and show little consideration or tolerance to other road users.
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    the general standard of driving is poor
    Many of 'the locals' here are unfit to have a driving licence. But there again, many of them drive without having one!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread