+ Reply to Thread
Page 225 of 611 FirstFirst ... 125175215223224225226227235275325 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,250 of 6102

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Speed hump central here. That would be crunching and scraping its way down every road.
    a lot around here too
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

As long as I avoid driving on certain side streets with speed bumps (usually those surrounding chav council-estates), I don't have that issue here with the Brabster, and it's a lot lower than that ST! I guess it depends where you live and how you use a car

Marco.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

No problems with speed bumps with the new Defender, revealed at Frankfurt this morning. In two minds about it, being the owner of an original. Bloody expensive, too! https://www.topgear.com/car-news/fra...rover-defender

Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Nice, but not my thing... I like to be LOW down on the road, not high up!

Plus, my love of cars with lowered sports suspension also acts as a 'fuck you' to the government, as I refuse to conform to their mind control, and be forced into driving something more 'practical', and subsequently have my fun spoiled, simply because some brainless TWATS can't drive sensibly or safely in towns!!

Marco.

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Wot, you no likey lowered suspension?

Marco.
    Nope. It looks chav and ruins ride and handling.
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    No problems with speed bumps with the new Defender, revealed at Frankfurt this morning. In two minds about it, being the owner of an original. Bloody expensive, too! https://www.topgear.com/car-news/fra...rover-defender

I love it and I'm sure it'll be magnificent, in the traditional "irritating foibles and software glitches but somehow it doesn't seem to matter" Land Rover kind of way.

But is it a "Defender"? Absolutely not - in the same way that a Range Rover Ewok...er....sorry, Evoque is not a Range Rover.
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Grant.

My Brother's defender was a good motor, but a tool, not a great driving experience in town or on motorway.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    I love it and I'm sure it'll be magnificent, in the traditional "irritating foibles and software glitches but somehow it doesn't seem to matter" Land Rover kind of way.

But is it a "Defender"? Absolutely not - in the same way that a Range Rover Ewok...er....sorry, Evoque is not a Range Rover.
    Apparently, it has 85 ECUs in it... I deliberately chose my 1991 200Tdi 110 because it was the last Defender to have absolutely no electronics in it (not even ABS) because of LR's electronic reliability... Can't imagine the new ones being "fiddled with" by home "mechanics" like the old, but everything progresses. I wonder if the thousands of nay sayers on t'internet have no central heating in their houses, somehow managed to get their Sinclair Spectrum to connect to the internet, only watch 3 TV channels on a black and white CRT television and still carry a bag of 10ps and 2ps for the phone box ‘cos owning a mobile phone isn’t like "the good old days?"
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Grant.

Apparently, it has 85 ECUs in it... I deliberately chose my 1991 200Tdi 110 because it was the last Defender to have absolutely no electronics in it (not even ABS) because of LR's electronic reliability... Can't imagine the new ones being "fiddled with" by home "mechanics" like the old, but everything progresses. I wonder if the thousands of nay sayers on t'internet have no central heating in their houses, somehow managed to get their Sinclair Spectrum to connect to the internet, only watch 3 TV channels on a black and white CRT television and still carry a bag of 10ps and 2ps for the phone box ‘cos owning a mobile phone isn’t like "the good old days?"
    maybe 85 actuators under the ecu, as opposed to 85 ecu's
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    It looks chav and ruins ride and handling.
    Nope, not if done properly on the right car. I do worry about you sometimes...!

Aside from the ride, precisely the opposite is true. And it only looks chav on a 'chavvy' type of car (Citroen Saxos and other shite like that), when the chav owner's doing things incorrectly and on the cheap. It's even worse when said cars have been 'slammed'

But lowered sports suspension, done right on a Ford ST, provided that the rest of the car has been modded to suit, no - unless where Gary lives out 'in the sticks' there are loads of speed bumps!!

Marco.

+ Reply to Thread