+ Reply to Thread
Page 204 of 611 FirstFirst ... 104154194202203204205206214254304 ... LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 6103

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

I'm Paul.

My bmax has no spare tyre. I wanted to check the pads the other day so jacked it up and could not for the life of me get either of the front wheels off. It was like theyd been welded on.

Apparently a bit of wood under half the tyre longways with the nuts lightly tightened and the car dropped onto it sorts this out but made me think even if I had the space saver I wouldn't have been able to put it on.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    Current system:
    RPi + Allo Digione
    Beresford Caiman Seg & Dorado powered by 15v Linear PSU
    Transcendent Sound Mini Beast OTL
    Amptastic Mini-1
    Klipsch KG4.5 Speakers with Titanium Diagphrams and Sonicap Cap upgrade
    110aH Leisure Battery powers the Mini-1 & Digione

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Mine I think has a bottle of spray. Not sure. I will be phoning this the breakdown Co anyway. As I couldn't change one if it had it
    They are 18 inch alloys so no chance
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepperamip View Post
    My bmax has no spare tyre. I wanted to check the pads the other day so jacked it up and could not for the life of me get either of the front wheels off. It was like theyd been welded on.

Apparently a bit of wood under half the tyre longways with the nuts lightly tightened and the car dropped onto it sorts this out but made me think even if I had the space saver I wouldn't have been able to put it on.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    Both very valid points. 18” alloys with 235 or whatever tyres are not light and easy to move about unless you’re able bodied and used to doing it. My wheels were also stuck to the hubs when I went to change the brakes recently . Thrashed them from behind with a 3lb rubber mallet but not exactly possible at the road side. Good idea about lowering on the jack.

I'm Adam.

Default Car (or bike) Chat!

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Does this misleading engine badge make sense to anyone?
    Nope. I miss the days when you instantly knew the engine size of a Merc or BMW by the last two digits of the model number. That way, you could nod deferentially at a 540i as it passed by, and laugh at the de-badged one knowing it was almost certainly a 518!

Trouble is, now car makers have just settled on one engine size in differing states of tune with various numbers of turbos bolted on, I suppose they’ve had to make some other system up - 90% of C-Classes would be ‘C200’ otherwise!
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Chatting with a customer's neighbour this morning, who has just taken delivery of a new Audi Q3 (folk love to talk about their new cars, I'm told) and I asked him about the engine badge on the rear: "4.0 TFSI, blimey that's a big engine, I bet it's a bit rapid". He told me it makes 190bhp and is actually 2 litre. He said something about them preparing for electric/hybrid engines, but my eyes were staring to glaze over, as his tech talk wasn't nearly as interesting as his car, and I have a really short attention span when mealtimes are approaching.

Does this misleading engine badge make sense to anyone?
    The Saab 9-3 1.8t was a 2 litre turbo detuned to 150bhp whereas the 1.8i was actually a 1.8 normally aspirated.

Go figure?
    Marantz CD63 KI Signature
    Project Debut II
    Pioneer A656 Reference
    Epos M5s
    Atacama Stands
    Maplin speaker cable cos I can't hear a difference
    Various interconnects as above

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJo View Post
    Oil and filter and pollen filter changed this evening, total cost £60, and that was using Mobil 1 oil.

Audi wanted £200 which is fair enough given their overheads.

Hang on though, it only took an hour and a bit so that’s a pretty good hourly rate
    Had the car out for its first good run since changing the oil to Mobil 1. I'm impressed with it. There's always an improvement in how an engine runs after an oil change but this definitely feels "looser" and wants to run on further after lifting the throttle off which I take as a sign of reduced engine friction. Fuel economy was excellent too, showing high 50s mpg on the computer which is usually 3 or 4 mpg optimistic so probably a genuine 55 mpg taking it relatively easy.

Maybe the old oil just wasn't fantastic. It was Granville, same fully synth 5-30 VW 507.00 spec as the Mobil 1. Initially it seemed perky compared to what Audi had used previously but with almost 9K miles on it I felt the engine was getting noisy and gruff which isn't a lot of miles for a long life oil. Definitely much quieter and smoother now.

We'll see how long the Mobil feel good factor lasts.

I'm Grant.

finally got the bonnet open..only took 6 months
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Not a lot of room to adjust the tappets.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Not a lot of room to adjust the tappets.
    No problem, just plug your laptop in and a couple of clicks will get you some bloke at the other side of the world, who has the correct feeler gauge
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm John.

Wonder what the extra box on top of the air filter housing is for.

Maybe a two stage filter.

I'm Grant.

There was 2 fluid coolant bottles too. Tracing back one was for the invertor
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread