+ Reply to Thread
Page 508 of 611 FirstFirst ... 8408458498506507508509510518558608 ... LastLast
Results 5,071 to 5,080 of 6103

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I thought you'd like a bit of volcano action But yeah Portugal looks pretty good too.
    I been close enough one time, that's enough volcano risk for my lifetime.

You used to see Portugal quite a bit on those 'Piss Off Abroad' shows. Don't know if it is the same nowadays but they were showing people these huge houses and they were only sixty, seventy grand.

Okay you were no-where near the coast and up a dirt track but I could do that.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Just dug out some info on Mount Teide. One question asked was "What happens if Mt. Teide erupts?" the short answer was "People will burn and the north side of the island will fall into the sea". So that's not good. We once hired a car and drove up there - it was all quiet, and just looked like a lunar landscape. Last time it erupted was 1909.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I been close enough one time, that's enough volcano risk for my lifetime.

You used to see Portugal quite a bit on those 'Piss Off Abroad' shows. Don't know if it is the same nowadays but they were showing people these huge houses and they were only sixty, seventy grand.

Okay you were no-where near the coast and up a dirt track but I could do that.
    I have walked up a part of Mt Etna. As you go up in the bus you can see places where previous chair lifts have been swamped by lava. Seems to happen every few years.

I didn't realise until looking at this list that Etna is significantly higher than Vesuvius. I've also been up Mt Rainier and flown over the top of Mt St Helens.

Portugal is a lovely country to visit. However one does have to be careful about extrapolating from one or two weeks of holiday to year round weather. Some places are really nice in holiday seasons, and not so pleasant for various reasons during the rest of the year.
    Dave

I'm Grant.

So new car charged as I wished yesterday to 100% and climate control preheated car before I went out for a test drive.
    Popped it into normal and upped the regeneration to two.
    Car was warm, heated steering wheel is awesome as are heated cloth seats, which I prefer to leather.
    Phone charged wirelessly and connected quickly to my book.
    I've not tried Android auto yet.
    Stereo is excellent too.
    Charge cost roughly for equ distance in my last car was about a third cost
    So far so good in the new order.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    So new car charged as I wished yesterday to 100% and climate control preheated car before I went out for a test drive.
    Popped it into normal and upped the regeneration to two.
    Car was warm, heated steering wheel is awesome as are heated cloth seats, which I prefer to leather.
    Phone charged wirelessly and connected quickly to my book.
    I've not tried Android auto yet.
    Stereo is excellent too.
    Charge cost roughly for equ distance in my last car was about a third cost
    So far so good in the new order.
    Hope you enjoy your new car Grant.
    Regards
    Robin

Origin Live Calypso MK5 turntable, Origin Live Onyx tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Just dug out some info on Mount Teide. One question asked was "What happens if Mt. Teide erupts?" the short answer was "People will burn and the north side of the island will fall into the sea". So that's not good. We once hired a car and drove up there - it was all quiet, and just looked like a lunar landscape. Last time it erupted was 1909.
    And the north side of the island falling into the sea is predicted to set up a tidal wave which will travel across the Atlantic and destroy most of the eastern seaboard of the USA.

On a less dramatic note, I have climbed Mout Kilimanjaro in Kenya, which is a dormant volcano. Despite the snow at the top, if you dig down with your hand to the soil beneath, it is warm. Picked up a piece of pumice and obsidian whilst there; both are created by volcanic activity
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    And the north side of the island falling into the sea is predicted to set up a tidal wave which will travel across the Atlantic and destroy most of the eastern seaboard of the USA.

On a less dramatic note, I have climbed Mout Kilimanjaro in Kenya, which is a dormant volcano. Despite the snow at the top, if you dig down with your hand to the soil beneath, it is warm. Picked up a piece of pumice and obsidian whilst there; both are created by volcanic activity
    new york, new york... The eruption will be singing.. Start spreadin' the news, I'm leavin' today
    I want to be a part of it
    New York, New York

sorry, thats perhaps a bit non woke
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    Hope you enjoy your new car Grant.
    thanks Robin. i think i will. surprisingly it really just feels like a limo quietness wise at slower speeds. you get a bit of road and wind noise as you would with most cars when travelling quicker. seats are very comfortable and my head gets in and out much easier.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Kevin.

Electric “comfort” is great. I like the ACC fitted on my car, and the way it behaves in traffic jams.
    You can almost sit back and let the car do the work.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Kevin.

Did you see 5th gear, where they took an Ioniq 5 around the NC500?
    They seemed to quite like the car.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

+ Reply to Thread