+ Reply to Thread
Page 191 of 192 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192 LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 1919

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

I'm Buriedunderaloadofturntables.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Do you actually still get handbooks in new cars?
    They must be the size of a telephone directory bearing in mind all the gadgets & gizmos in even basic cars
    Generally you get two manuals these days - a 'get-you-going' one with all the basics and the full one which tells you everything.

And, yes, the latter usually is the thickness of an old RS catalogue...
    Adam.

I'm Grant.

Some pics of inside etc... weather has been atrocious.
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/EMOTIVA XPS1/12V BATTERY - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP\WE TUBED - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10, AUDIRVANA 3 PLUS, TIDAL - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI 2B/AUDIOPHONICS/VOLUMIO,RPI 3 IQDIGI/VOLUMIO - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN MAIN SPKRS/Q ACOUSTIC BT3 ACTIVES & CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

**Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**

I'm Graham.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Indeed, Graham - what a rip off! Did you go to a main dealer to get the job done? If so, that was your biggest mistake

For comparison, my guy (and he's *top notch*) charged me 80 labour (ex. VAT), for a FULL SERVICE on my car. Parts were extra, and I bought the oil. IME, finding a good independent garage to carry out work on your car, which you can trust, is worth its weight in gold. That's usually where you'll be looked after best. Most dealerships these days are a rip off.

Marco.
    Indeed, Marco, this was an independent local garage. I have used them before for my Volvo without issues. As I Said, there was no labour charge which probably would have been around 60.00 so I'm not really out of pocket, I would just rather the bill be transparent and honest.
    GrahamS - It's not what you hear that counts, it's what you think you hear........

Present Kit: NAD 326BEE, NAD C515BEE CD player, JVC QL-7 DD turntable, JVC Tonearm, Shure M97Ve, Audio Technica AT95EX, Pickering V15, JVC Z1E, Wharfedale Diamond 230s, Visual Rio interconnects and My Ears.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post

Some pics of inside etc... weather has been atrocious.
    Noice... Decent head unit with DAB radio, cool. Like the wheels, too! Are they standard or extra?

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

BE HAPPY EVERYDAY!

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamS View Post
    Indeed, Marco, this was an independent local garage. I have used them before for my Volvo without issues. As I Said, there was no labour charge which probably would have been around 60.00 so I'm not really out of pocket, I would just rather the bill be transparent and honest.
    Defo

And because it wasn't, they'd definitely have lost my business. These days, I only deal with trusted professionals, who are 100% honest and upfront about everything. I got on so well with my 'mechanic' (I hesitate to call him that, as his level of expertise, especially in relation to engine management software/tuning far exceeds that), he became a personal friend.

Whenever I'm looking at buying a new (second-hand) car, he'll come with me at night after working hours, in his own free time, to check it out for me (in terms of bodywork, etc) and also plug it into his portable diagnostics computer, so that I know that I'm not going to be getting a 'pup'. He never wants paid, but I always sort him out with a suitable quantity of Prosecco (his favourite tipple)!

*That*, if you can, is how to do business.

Marco.

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

BE HAPPY EVERYDAY!

I'm Grant.

Noice... Decent head unit with DAB radio, cool. Like the wheels, too! Are they standard or extra?

Marco.
    standard with that model. 18" as well. think its called diamond cut
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/EMOTIVA XPS1/12V BATTERY - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP\WE TUBED - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10, AUDIRVANA 3 PLUS, TIDAL - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI 2B/AUDIOPHONICS/VOLUMIO,RPI 3 IQDIGI/VOLUMIO - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN MAIN SPKRS/Q ACOUSTIC BT3 ACTIVES & CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

**Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**

Yup, that's exactly what it's called - nice. Good having 18" rims, too

Marco.

BE HAPPY EVERYDAY!

I'm John.

Lovely Grant.

Happy new car

Does it have that eerie electric only stealth mode?

I'm Gary.

Yup, that's exactly what it's called - nice. Good having 18" rims, too

Marco.
    You won't be saying that when you have to replace the tyres lol.
    Saying that I got two 17" Rainsport 3s for 130 from Blackcircles
    Marantz CD63 KI Signature
    Project Debut II
    Pioneer A656 Reference
    Quadral Rondo Phonologues
    Atacama Stands
    Maplin speaker cable cos I can't hear a difference
    Various interconnects as above

Lol - Granty should worry... Mine are 19s, fitted with super-low profile tyres: 255/30/ZR19, and I use Michelin Pilot Super Sports!

Marco.

BE HAPPY EVERYDAY!

+ Reply to Thread