+ Reply to Thread
Page 379 of 611 FirstFirst ... 279329369377378379380381389429479 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,790 of 6102

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by InThe Sticks View Post
    Got a new camera mount today as the cam was previously mounted on my helmet and no matter what angle I had it, it showed the speedo, which is not good at the speeds I ride.
    I’ve got to say, for £15 its bit of a bargain with an all alloy construction and it’s super sturdy.

Yeah, that kind of footage would prove your guilt beyond reasonable doubt Any chance of posting any of your vids? That would be entertaining. Several years ago I had a tank-mounted camera for a trip round Europe, and the footage of me riding mountain roads in Andorra looked like I was ragging the arse off it, but I really wasn't.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm James.

Default Pre load

Good Afternoon, I want to firm up my rear shock on my kawasaki Ninja 650, do I turn the adjuster clockwise or anti clockwise to increase the pre load? I've never felt the need before on other bikes so have never done it,the manual isn't much help, ta Jim
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Jon.

If you want to stiffen it up, you'll need to shorten the spring, so turn the adjuster upwards into the spring.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by InThe Sticks View Post
    If you want to stiffen it up, you'll need to shorten the spring, so turn the adjuster upwards into the spring.
    So clockwise? I'll be accessing it from the left hand side
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Steve.

Hi James, I'm assuming the adjuster will rise if you are turning it the right way. How long have you had it on the current setting? Is it just something you want to try? If it's stiffness has reduced it may be a case of repair or replace.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Jon.

Assuming this shock is the same as yours..

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Hi James, I'm assuming the adjuster will rise if you are turning it the right way. How long have you had it on the current setting? Is it just something you want to try? If it's stiffness has reduced it may be a case of repair or replace.
    I just fancy a firmer ride

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    I just fancy a firmer ride
    yes, well a lot do, but a soft ride has a lot going for it too
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dave.

Reverting briefly to how to charge up a car which doesn't get used a lot these days. A friend of mind uses a trickle charger and says he charges his car via the cigarette lighter socket. I don't think that will work with many cars, but I might be wrong.

A slight problem we have with our Renault is that the battery has an awkward cover over it, so it's a bit of a faff trying to get that on and off in order to do the charging. One option I guess is to put a couple of extra wires in and take those round under the battery cover.

The cigarette lighter idea would be good, if it would work.
    Dave

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by dave2010 View Post
    Reverting briefly to how to charge up a car which doesn't get used a lot these days. A friend of mind uses a trickle charger and says he charges his car via the cigarette lighter socket. I don't think that will work with many cars, but I might be wrong.

A slight problem we have with our Renault is that the battery has an awkward cover over it, so it's a bit of a faff trying to get that on and off in order to do the charging. One option I guess is to put a couple of extra wires in and take those round under the battery cover.

The cigarette lighter idea would be good, if it would work.
    if you have a rear lighter socket in boot it is often always on... front ones usually aren't. some chargers you can buy a kit to wire it into battery
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread