+ Reply to Thread
Page 384 of 609 FirstFirst ... 284334374382383384385386394434484 ... LastLast
Results 3,831 to 3,840 of 6088

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Yeah, they've got 'soul', and considering I'm Italian it would be rude not to own something from my homeland, before hanging up my keys!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Adam.

Of course, if you want properly unreliable, you want Land Rover, as confirmed by any JD Power survey anywhere in the world for the last 20 years.

My Range Rover is broken currently (again). It's booked in for a service in two weeks time anyway, but my Landy man said to bring it in today for a quick code scan to see if he could reset it and/or see what replacement parts it might need that he could fit during the service.

Trouble, is, it doesn't appear to be broadcasting or storing any fault codes, despite the air suspension having dropped to its lowest setting and refusing to move, a "Hill Descent Control Not Available" message an the LCD and the ABS, Braking system and Traction Control warning lights being permanently on. He was puzzled; I'm just depressed...

As an aside the fault first occurred when I booted it enthusiastically out of a side road last Friday. A fellow RR owner here at work says it's just punishing me for such hooligan behaviour!
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Always liked Alfas.
    Ali, have you had a 4-wheel alignment done on your Beemer? If not, I'd thoroughly recommend it. You might think it drives straight now (I did with the Brabster), but the difference afterwards, when it genuinely *is* straight, is significant...

Just 'sits on the road' nicer, and seems to allow the rear wheels to plant power down better!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

yes they are cool. But worth noting Fiat's position on the survey I linked to.

My uncle was a big Alfa fan but he had a lot of bother with his right from the off.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Yeah, sure. As always, I'd be super-fussy about what I was buying, and so would take my mechanic mate with me to assess potential purchases, armed with his diagnostics unit, plus take out an extended warranty on any purchase, as I did with the Brabster

Marco.
    Main System

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    yes they are cool. But worth noting Fiat's position on the survey I linked to.

My uncle was a big Alfa fan but he had a lot of bother with his right from the off.
    Ive had three and all were reliable, only changed consumables.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Ali, have you had a 4-wheel alignment done on your Beemer? If not, I'd thoroughly recommend it. You might think it drives straight now (I did with the Brabster), but the difference afterwards, when it genuinely *is* straight, is significant...

Just 'sits on the road' nicer, and seems to allow the rear wheels to plant power down better!

Marco.
    Yeah i did when i bought it. probably needs doing again though.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

Informative article here on Alignment Tech: https://dsportmag.com/the-tech/extra...ment-settings/

Among other improvements, for me, this has been the most noticeable, in terms of negative camber:

"4) A proper, non-excessive amount of negative camber utilizes the full tire width and aids in exerting downward force to maximize grip."

Yup!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm inthescottishmafia.

I usually have it done when I fit new tyres, keeps wear to a minimum.

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Geoff.

I do so little mileage that I don't wear tyres out as a rule, I replace them when the sidewalls start perishing and cracking.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread