+ Reply to Thread
Page 560 of 609 FirstFirst ... 60460510550558559560561562570 ... LastLast
Results 5,591 to 5,600 of 6088

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

I'm Grant.

put 26 % into car battery.... cost about £4.20 will take me about 90 miles. better than fuel
    Last edited by struth; 16-08-2022 at 15:30.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    put 26 % into car battery.... cost about £7.30. will take me about 140 miles. better than fuel
    I know superior fuel economy is a given with EVs, But so is initial outlay. And what about the rest of it? How do they go on for depreciation, servicing and parts costs, and insurance? When it comes to cost per mile (which I know will vary depending on average mileage) how does it all compare?

I suppose all this information is available online, I'm just being lazy
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I know superior fuel economy is a given with EVs, But so is initial outlay. And what about the rest of it? How do they go on for depreciation, servicing and parts costs, and insurance? When it comes to cost per mile (which I know will vary depending on average mileage) how does it all compare?

figures were wrong lol...this should be right.... put 26 % into car battery.... cost about £4.20 will take me about 90 miles. better than fuel.

yes dearer to buy for sure. servicing etc should be less and thus cheaper. no idea re insurance... depreciation, well thats up in air currently but may be higher, but things seem to change rapidly.. at moment most secondhand cars on market are doing well for the owners.
    i think i read you probably need to do an above average mileage to get your money back, but prices will no doubt come down as more are made etc.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Adrian.

With respect to depreciation we got our low mileage (2850) Tesla M3 late March 2022, it a Long Range Dual Motor top spec in red, it was just over £50k, it was a very good price, £12k less than new, I looked online a few weeks ago and there were 3 in the same/similar mileage from £56.5-58k. So I think I could sell it for £54-55k without much problem.

Insurance is £33/month for a 64 year old fart like me with a clean licence.

Servicing is when it is needed the car/Tesla let you know through diagnostics, some owners have gone over 50k with no servicing. Other than that it tyres, and brake(about 50-80k).

I think you can work out price per mile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Steve.

Well our current car Volvo S60 D4 cost us £15k (our maximum car budget), and we have 2 years finance left on it. Probably be worth £5k by then. So if we borrow £10k to bring us back to £15k, what can we expect for that?

Cheapest one I've seen that's not a Nissan Leaf. And I don't need to ask Mrs. P whether she would be seen dead in it £22k

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Steve.

Just seen your pm Adrian, thank you

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Grant.

Well our current car Volvo S60 D4 cost us £15k (our maximum car budget), and we have 2 years finance left on it. Probably be worth £5k by then. So if we borrow £10k to bring us back to £15k, what can we expect for that?

Cheapest one I've seen that's not a Nissan Leaf. And I don't need to ask Mrs. P whether she would be seen dead in it £22k

She's a petrol head tho. Lol she's as well sticking to what she likes as long as she can.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    With respect to depreciation we got our low mileage (2850) Tesla M3 late March 2022, it a Long Range Dual Motor top spec in red, it was just over £50k, it was a very good price, £12k less than new, I looked online a few weeks ago and there were 3 in the same/similar mileage from £56.5-58k. So I think I could sell it for £54-55k without much problem.

Insurance is £33/month for a 64 year old fart like me with a clean licence.

Servicing is when it is needed the car/Tesla let you know through diagnostics, some owners have gone over 50k with no servicing. Other than that it tyres, and brake(about 50-80k).

I think you can work out price per mile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I really don't want to drive a petrol or diesel car ever again - except out of necessity - for example on holiday with a hire car. However I'm really not happy with Tesla's customer service [I'd rate somewhere between poor and abysmal] and it's just possible I'll still want/need a car in (say) 6 years time - if I'm still alive! There's no guarantee that my M3 would still be going then - it might make sense to swap it before that. Cars which might be better than my M3 probably cost more - I've yet to drive the Porsche EV - which I suspect would beat the heck out of most Teslas. I also plan to test Ford's offering sometime soon - but it'll still be quite expensive.

OTOH I figure that the SH price of petrol cars may plummet, so that it would be possible to pick up a usable runabout car for not a lot by the time I would need it. At the moment the price of electricity is such that running the EV is significantly cheaper than putting petrol in an ICE car, but energy prices are going to go up significantly. The other option is still to go for a plug-in hybrid car - which arguably would give the best of/worst of both worlds. The only car I really liked in a test drive over the last few years was a plug-in version of the Toyota Prius - but it had a disadvantage with the back seat being disrupted by space taken up by the batteries - so not so good for luggage, or stuff to take to the dump etc
    Dave

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by dave2010 View Post
    I really don't want to drive a petrol or diesel car ever again - except out of necessity - for example on holiday with a hire car. However I'm really not happy with Tesla's customer service [I'd rate somewhere between poor and abysmal] and it's just possible I'll still want/need a car in (say) 6 years time - if I'm still alive! There's no guarantee that my M3 would still be going then - it might make sense to swap it before that. Cars which might be better than my M3 probably cost more - I've yet to drive the Porsche EV - which I suspect would beat the heck out of most Teslas. I also plan to test Ford's offering sometime soon - but it'll still be quite expensive.

OTOH I figure that the SH price of petrol cars may plummet, so that it would be possible to pick up a usable runabout car for not a lot by the time I would need it. At the moment the price of electricity is such that running the EV is significantly cheaper than putting petrol in an ICE car, but energy prices are going to go up significantly. The other option is still to go for a plug-in hybrid car - which arguably would give the best of/worst of both worlds. The only car I really liked in a test drive over the last few years was a plug-in version of the Toyota Prius - but it had a disadvantage with the back seat being disrupted by space taken up by the batteries - so not so good for luggage, or stuff to take to the dump etc
    not so sure the uk will follow up with their vow for 2030 cut off tbh. they look to be backsliding on everything while making laws that will stop protests. so petrol cars may well continue.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    not so sure the uk will follow up with their vow for 2030 cut off tbh. they look to be backsliding on everything while making laws that will stop protests. so petrol cars may well continue.
    Sadly I agree with you. The current shower couldn't run a booze up in a brewery .... mmm ..... on second thoughts, perhaps they could!
    Dave

+ Reply to Thread