+ Reply to Thread
Page 340 of 347 FirstFirst ... 240290330338339340341342 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,400 of 3470

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

  1. #3391
    Join Date: Feb 2013

    Location: W Lothian

    Posts: 72,477
    I'm Grant.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    My car tells me if a local speed limit is being exceeded!
    Yeah mine does that. If sat nav is on but it also scans the Rd for speed limits with a camera and let's you know what speed you should be doing and if you go over it.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

    I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - IFI PURIFIER 2/PATHOS CLASSIC REMIX & HIDAC AMPLIFIER - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - NURAPHONE' HEADPHONES - 2*ZBOOK'- ROON - MULTI HDD'S - DIGIONE RPI3 - EDINGDALE MK1 SPEAKERS - CABLE INC SUPRA, FISUAL, MOGAMI,

    **Iíve studied deeply in the philosophies and religions, but cheerfulness kept breaking through**
    "An old man sleeps with his conscience at night, while young kids sleep with their dreams"

    "Justice is sinking to the bottom of the sea, And it feels like I'm living in the wasteland of the free"
    Give me absolute control
    Over every living soul, I've seen the future, baby,
    It is murder!
    ***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

  2. #3392
    Join Date: Jan 2008

    Location: Wrexham, North Wales, UK

    Posts: 101,042
    I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    My car tells me if a local speed limit is being exceeded!
    Yesh, and it'll have 'amazing new inventions' such as electric windows and power steering, too.... That's what happens when you join the 21st century!

    Have you worked out how to use the sound system yet? I suspect it won't even have a CD player

    Marco.
    Main System

    Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

    Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

    Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

    CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

    Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

    Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus VDH 'The Wind' speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

    Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW18.5 record cleaning machine.

    Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.


    Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

  3. #3393
    Join Date: Feb 2010

    Location: Moved to frozen north, beyond Inverness

    Posts: 1,854
    I'm Dave.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    My car tells me if a local speed limit is being exceeded!
    Worse than that, some cars will tell your missus who's miles away tracking the car on a mobile phone!
    Dave

  4. #3394
    Join Date: Apr 2012

    Location: Southall, West London

    Posts: 44,613
    I'm Geoff.

    Default

    Autonomous cars will become common. Thing is, will you be done for drink driving after a snifter if yours is driving you home from the pub?
    The word is 'valves' in this country, not tubes. Tubes are what Smarties come in!

  5. #3395
    Join Date: Jan 2009

    Location: Essex

    Posts: 23,769
    I'm openingabottleofwine.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Yesh, and it'll have 'amazing new inventions' such as electric windows and power steering, too.... That's what happens when you join the 21st century!

    Have you worked out how to use the sound system yet? I suspect it won't even have a CD player

    Marco.
    Yes it has a CD player; Bluetooth; electrically heated seats; air conditioning; auto-headlights; automatic adjustment of the headlight beam to suit the loading of the car; automatic anti-dazzle rear view mirror; retractable side mirrors; tyre pressure sensors, kerb illumination lights in the doors, and parking proximity sensors. All the expected 'bells and whistles'.

    My two previous cars had some "amazing new inventions" such as electric windows, an electric sunroof, power steering - and even a synchromesh gear box!
    Barry

  6. #3396
    Join Date: Feb 2010

    Location: Moved to frozen north, beyond Inverness

    Posts: 1,854
    I'm Dave.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Yes it has a CD player; Bluetooth; electrically heated seats; air conditioning; auto-headlights; automatic adjustment of the headlight beam to suit the loading of the car; automatic anti-dazzle rear view mirror; retractable side mirrors; tyre pressure sensors, kerb illumination lights in the doors, and parking proximity sensors. All the expected 'bells and whistles'.

    My two previous cars had some "amazing new inventions" such as electric windows, an electric sunroof, power steering - and even a synchromesh gear box!
    Other features maybe - automatic windscreen washers and wipers, and follow round corner lights. Heated wing mirrors.

    For all the new automation etc., the new car doesn't seem to have a warning to fill up the windscreen water/screenwash bottle - even less a robot to do it for me.

    One of my previous cars even had a long gear stick.
    Dave

  7. #3397
    Join Date: Jan 2009

    Location: Essex

    Posts: 23,769
    I'm openingabottleofwine.

    Default

    It has heated wing mirrors, as did my last car. A reminder to refill the wash bottles would be handy - I just let it be done when the car is serviced.

    The American Tucker had headlights that would turn ahead of the steering, but the car never went into production.
    Barry

  8. #3398
    Join Date: Feb 2010

    Location: Moved to frozen north, beyond Inverness

    Posts: 1,854
    I'm Dave.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    It has heated wing mirrors, as did my last car. A reminder to refill the wash bottles would be handy - I just let it be done when the car is serviced.

    The American Tucker had headlights that would turn ahead of the steering, but the car never went into production.
    How often do you get the car serviced? Every other week?

    Our Peugeot 207cc has "round the corner" lights - actually extra lights which come on when the wheel is turned. Very handy sometimes.

    The now defunct Prius didn't have heated wing mirrors, but the Ford Focus we had before did - and also a heated front screen. Very good.
    Last edited by dave2010; 22-09-2020 at 10:03.
    Dave

  9. #3399
    Join Date: Sep 2014

    Location: Northern Ireland

    Posts: 1,221
    I'm John.

    Default

    Didn’t the Citroen DS have swivel headlights?

    Think that was late 60s or early 70s.

  10. #3400
    Alex_UK's Avatar
    Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling
    Join Date: Aug 2009

    Location: Sunny Suffolk, UK

    Posts: 15,098
    I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnJo View Post
    Didn’t the Citroen DS have swivel headlights?

    Think that was late 60s or early 70s.
    It certainly did. As Dave said, nowadays the headlights stay fixed, but extra lights shine in the direction you are turning. Very handy.
    Alex

    Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery


    A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

    There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •