+ Reply to Thread
Page 537 of 609 FirstFirst ... 37437487527535536537538539547587 ... LastLast
Results 5,361 to 5,370 of 6088

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    yes if i want to and weather is good etc, and its not fast motorway driving etc, i ve had over 6/kwh. i dont really go long distances but it would be similar if using same roads. my average in last month is about 5.3/kwh.
    i like the whole thing really. its quiet, stress free motoring; cheaper, and fast too if i want it to be. one pedal driving for 95% of time is great too.
    Yep, I completely agree, happy motoring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Yep, I completely agree, happy motoring

Just a short trip to pick up shopping from Tesco. These are the figures.

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Adrian.

Just a short trip to pick up shopping from Tesco. These are the figures.

Grant, have you validated the figures your getting by doing a measured test? In other words, note the current kWh battery level, then go for a reasonable drive 40-50 mile trip, note the kWh on the battery on return. Then charge up and see if it matches, this would be very interesting, if it confirms the figures on the app then you are doing very well.

Looking at the evdatabase.com the best real world figures are 244Wh/mile or 4.09 miles a kWh for a Polestar.

Cheers Adrian

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I'm Grant.

Grant, have you validated the figures your getting by doing a measured test? In other words, note the current kWh battery level, then go for a reasonable drive 40-50 mile trip, note the kWh on the battery on return. Then charge up and see if it matches, this would be very interesting, if it confirms the figures on the app then you are doing very well.

Looking at the evdatabase.com the best real world figures are 244Wh/mile or 4.09 miles a kWh for a Polestar.

Cheers Adrian

ive a kona 64kwh. it appears to be about right with the level of charging afterward. comes out about late 3 to 4mi per & point, so between 330 and 400 mi a full charge, but heating, cooling etc and weather has an effect, as does wind.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Adrian.

ive a kona 64kwh. it appears to be about right with the level of charging afterward. comes out about late 3 to 4mi per & point, so between 330 and 400 mi a full charge, but heating, cooling etc and weather has an effect, as does wind.
    Sorry I was confused as a Polestar was mentioned earlier, if are getting 330+ miles form the Kona you are doing very well I think.

I'm Grant.

Sorry I was confused as a Polestar was mentioned earlier, if are getting 330+ miles form the Kona you are doing very well I think.
    Yeah it's Gary that's getting the polestar.
    Was out today picking up supplies.
    Got this mileage etc which is excellent. Was a lot higher on the outward leg as it was wind assisted.
    Still that's pretty good going.
    I'm now only charging car to 80%, from 90.
    That equates to over 400
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Gary.

Looking for some advice Chaps on dealing with a (now) major problem with a car job by a garage.

Took my Alfa into a local performance tuning/ repair shop for custom exhaust work.
    This was last week of November last year.
    Now 6 months+ later, still no car.

Im out of options for what to think of the service, and how to get my car back.

Always tried to be reasonable and give the guy time to do the work?
    He came highly recommended and facebook reviews were all good.
    Word of mouth was he was the go to guy.

So not pestered him on the phone,
    gave him time to work, but I've received no updates at all, and any time I've phoned there's always SOMETHING thats came up.

Any time Ive contacted the Garage,
    Keep getting told "Yeah Yeah I'll do on "specific date", but been told that maybe 5 times now?
    Fabricators phoning in sick, materials not being delivered... threes always something.

I've explained I needed car for work, and that I was paying road tax/ car insurance AND I'm £60 a week on Taxi's just to get to work.

• Its costing me a fortune for a car I cant even use *

So,
    I've went in to see him maybe three times now in last couple of Months
    He's apologized for taking so long with it, which is cool, but he has admitted to having worked on other cars after getting mine in.
    (race season, apparently, been really busy Mate...yada yada)

Cost of my work is £1500, I get the feeling I'm being sidelined for the "big ticket" items.

Nobody likes to feel the piss is getting taken out them,
    And I'm thinking my easy going approach to this has maybe been taken the wrong way.

Times up though.
    Cant afford to keep this up, so enough's enough.
    Confirmed with him months ago he had all the materials and resources to do work,
    and it would take 2 days fabrication work to do.

Whats your advice Guys?
    I've hit the point I think where being reasonable is being taken advantage of.

Any advice much appreciated.
    Prefer to keep it all friendly if possible,
    but at same time nobody enjoys the feeling the is being ripped out of them.

Thanks
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Steve.

Right then Gary, it's time you did a Facebook review of your own, including relevant dates and their progress with your car. Then inform the garage you will be posting your review in two weeks' time, unless your work is completed by then.

I do sympathise, I don't care much for confrontation. But they are taking the piss. Once you start to get tough with them, you may be surprised how easy it is to keep it up. Best of luck whatever you do.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm inthescottishmafia.

That’s really bad mate, no excuse for it. I’d take the car and go elsewhere, and as above leave a shitty review everywhere you can.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Gary.

Thanks.

I'd have taken the car out months ago,
    but hes taken the old exhaust manifold out months ago, inpreperation for fabricating the new one.
    So cars in limbo and not driveable.

Could pull up in a flatbed and take it away,
    but then cars only fit for spares or repair sale, and thats not an option.

Frustrating!
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

+ Reply to Thread