+ Reply to Thread
Page 576 of 611 FirstFirst ... 76476526566574575576577578586 ... LastLast
Results 5,751 to 5,760 of 6102

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    he seemed to try and change lanes when it happened which may have made things worse as the traffic in other lane wasnt following his speed, but again if it was the computer then it is likely another nail in its coffin... and musks.. tesla and his new toy are burning down
    Looking at the report, the videos and the traffic report there is no factual evidence I can see to confirm why the car came to a halt in the inside lane. The driver claimed it was in FSD, but I believe that is all at present and blamed that for the car stopping. Tesla will be able to access the cars data store which records exactly what the car was doing before the car came to a stop. It may be possible that the drive actually over road the car and hit the brake for some reason, that will show in the car data. I believe similar incidents with Tesla vehicles have been shown to have been caused by human intervention(the driver) doing things they should not have.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoidburg View Post
    After selling my triumph speed triple a few months back I'm looking forward to collecting my first KTM at the weekend. It's a 1090 adventure. Given my slight hip discomfort from an old back injury this slim v twin engine and an upright riding position it should be a good fit for me. I can't wait to put some miles on it! Attachment 30766Attachment 30767

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk
    Cool bike - your going to have fun on that - well at least when the weather gets a bit better.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Looking at the report, the videos and the traffic report there is no factual evidence I can see to confirm why the car came to a halt in the inside lane. The driver claimed it was in FSD, but I believe that is all at present and blamed that for the car stopping. Tesla will be able to access the cars data store which records exactly what the car was doing before the car came to a stop. It may be possible that the drive actually over road the car and hit the brake for some reason, that will show in the car data. I believe similar incidents with Tesla vehicles have been shown to have been caused by human intervention(the driver) doing things they should not have.
    I don't have FSD, but the Tesla cruise control definitely puts the brakes on sometimes when I wish it wouldn't. Tesla probably has a legal let out in the UK in that it's arguably only supposed to be used on motorways, rather than A or other roads. That plus the lane swerve thing is a pain too - though I don't think Teslas are the only cars to do that. For example moving towards or "even worse" crossing a white line to avoid a large puddle by the gutter, or an ice patch, can cause all sorts of unwanted mayhem. That's not in itself normally a major problem, but it just adds (unncecessarily ...) to the stress of driving - something which these features are really supposed to avoid or reduce.
    Dave

I'm Adrian.

Hi Dave, I am not sure that full FSD is available on UK registered Teslas? We have Autopilot on ours which is one stepaway, primarily no auto overtaking on motorways and no auto turn at junction and so on.

The braking you talk about is is part of the safety features of a Tesla, I agree it can be a surprise some times, but we have found that there is usually a obstruction/reason for it, a lot of modern cars do the same. You can lessen the sensitivity for parked cars in town driving.

All I can say it probably saved a cyclists life who put his front wheel three foot out into the main road from a side side just to see around a car he was next to, we were on the main road at 50mph, we would have likely hit it if the Tesla had not emergency braked.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I'm Dave.

Default Bummer - probably made a mistake ...

One other possible snag with EVs relates to tariffs. A couple of days ago I plugged the T3 in. I usually set this up to come on at the start of the off peak period, and set the charge level so that it should finish by the end of that time.
    I may have made a mistake, so that looking at the Octopus chart for that day there was a substantial amount of energy consumed in the peak period - probably £10 or more.

Still it's only the first time in a few years that I'm aware of this kind of error, but with a factor of over 5:1 between the cheap rate and the peak rate I certainly don't want to do this too often.

If it wasn't my error, then something must have gone wrong with the control in the car.

It would be good to have a timer on the charging unit too, so that possible mistakes could be reduced in number.
    Dave

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by dave2010 View Post
    One other possible snag with EVs relates to tariffs. A couple of days ago I plugged the T3 in. I usually set this up to come on at the start of the off peak period, and set the charge level so that it should finish by the end of that time.
    I may have made a mistake, so that looking at the Octopus chart for that day there was a substantial amount of energy consumed in the peak period - probably £10 or more.

Still it's only the first time in a few years that I'm aware of this kind of error, but with a factor of over 5:1 between the cheap rate and the peak rate I certainly don't want to do this too often.

If it wasn't my error, then something must have gone wrong with the control in the car.

It would be good to have a timer on the charging unit too, so that possible mistakes could be reduced in number.
    my charger can be set to charge if and when, as can car.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    my charger can be set to charge if and when, as can car.
    Not sure if our charger can do that. It may have features which we didn't know about, as did the one it replaced which was faulty. In that case we complained when it developed a fault, but the interesting thing was a comment from the support staff "We knew it had a problem as we could check it remotely". We can turn the charger off with a key - but for the most part we leave it on, and don't bother to unplug the cable. If there's another way to control the charger (BP) it would be useful to know. Apart from cutting the power, that is - which we can do - but that may reset the whole caboodle. We used to have to regularly reset the previous model, or cut the power, but we haven't needed to do that for some time.

Clawing some of the overcharged (!!) electricity costs back now in the payback hour which Octopus indulge in occasionally. Basically if we minimise our use of electricity during the designated hour we get a payback related to the difference between an estimated cost of what "we" normally use minus what we actually use, and apparently that might be quite considerable and worth having.
    Dave

I'm Grant.

Not sure if our charger can do that. It may have features which we didn't know about, as did the one it replaced which was faulty. In that case we complained when it developed a fault, but the interesting thing was a comment from the support staff "We knew it had a problem as we could check it remotely". We can turn the charger off with a key - but for the most part we leave it on, and don't bother to unplug the cable. If there's another way to control the charger (BP) it would be useful to know. Apart from cutting the power, that is - which we can do - but that may reset the whole caboodle. We used to have to regularly reset the previous model, or cut the power, but we haven't needed to do that for some time.
    mine has an app with it so there is a few things it can do. its a captive cable tho so if you want it off, say when say for a while i'd have to flip switch i guess. its an ohme charger, but its currently still set at half power as ive not had the cables replaced.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Adrian.

Clawing some of the overcharged (!!) electricity costs back now in the payback hour which Octopus indulge in occasionally. Basically if we minimise our use of electricity during the designated hour we get a payback related to the difference between an estimated cost of what "we" normally use minus what we actually use, and apparently that might be quite considerable and worth having.
    Dave if you have one of these below BP then there is a app to download and you can schedule charge times from your phone

See https://www.bppulse.co.uk/charging-a...lse-home-smart

I'm Dave.

No - not got one of those, and at that price I’ll just suffer the modest “loss” due probably to a minor mistake. It’ll be cheaper that way. More concerning now is the water which seems to have got into the back of the T3. I continue to be extremely disappointed with the T3, and am now waiting for a reply from Mr Musk - from Deer Creek Road, Palo Alto. I may have to accept that there may never be one, and sell the wretched thing at a massive loss.
    Dave

+ Reply to Thread