+ Reply to Thread
Page 514 of 611 FirstFirst ... 14414464504512513514515516524564 ... LastLast
Results 5,131 to 5,140 of 6102

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

I'm Imjustsurviving.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Oh dear...

Nice car, but this one would go better with your beard:
    ha ha yes the beard does get mentioned a lot , that 34 is a bit street Rod for me and of it’s time but do like them , I have a 38 coupe which suits me fine for Sunday cruising , I bought it this time last year and came straight out of Kansas , 32000 miles from new and sat in a barn for nearly 60 years
    Jon

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.

Set up
    Lafayette el84 power amp , Audio note M1 pre , Tannoy Sterlings, Garrard 301 , SME 3012 , puresound P10, Ortofon SPU, Cambridge CXN streamer
    Micro mega Duo 3 cd transport ,

I'm Imjustsurviving.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I don't know what the car is, the engine looks like a four pot OHV. Hope you have a spare lump.
    the engine is a modern Zetec / ST 170 that was knocking out 227 hp on carbs so blocks are easy enough to source , just all the machining work and parts that went into it make it an expensive day out , I hold 2 class records at the VHRA Pendine sands races with it and was hoping to up them this year before I change classes and maybe put a v8 in it
    Jon

Set up
    Lafayette el84 power amp , Audio note M1 pre , Tannoy Sterlings, Garrard 301 , SME 3012 , puresound P10, Ortofon SPU, Cambridge CXN streamer

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonboy View Post
    ha ha yes the beard does get mentioned a lot , that 34 is a bit street Rod for me and of it’s time but do like them , I have a 38 coupe which suits me fine for Sunday cruising , I bought it this time last year and came straight out of Kansas , 32000 miles from new and sat in a barn for nearly 60 years
    great deco building that...
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    I was just thinking that. My favourite kind of buildings - we had a similar art deco cinema in Chorley that got knocked down for no good reason. Councillors responsible for that decision deserve a good slap.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Imjustsurviving.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    The building is a old garage that is steeped in local history and is now grade 11 listed , we used to drive past it and look at all the steam engines parked up and around it , all the contents were sold odd by sealed bid and the building has been saved

https://youtu.be/O6WmYSvstys
    Jon

Set up

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonboy View Post
    The building is a old garage that is steeped in local history and is now grade 11 listed , we used to drive past it and look at all the steam engines parked up and around it , all the contents were sold odd by sealed bid and the building has been saved

https://youtu.be/O6WmYSvstys
    And it's for sale! I'd live there. Might even be room for the motorbikes

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Yes we went up it, a long time ago. About 1983. Me, wife no.1 and my mate went to the top, his missus gave up halfway. Wasn't difficult, but then I was only 25.

Going north from Ullapool, after about ten miles turn off to go to Achililtibuie/Polbain/Reiff. That's the road you can see in the picture, and Stac Pollaidh is on your right, the loch to your left. Probably about 10 miles before Reiff, where my (now deceased) mate's parents still live. We're planning to pay them a visit this year.

There are some more challenging mountains round there, Like Ben Mor Coigach.

Love it up there, good sea fishing too
    My late uncle lived in Achiltibuie, had a prawn and lobster boat.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    My late uncle lived in Achiltibuie, had a prawn and lobster boat.
    There was a guy, think his name was McCloud or something, it may not be spelt that way. He ran a boat out of Baden Tarbet (near the Am Fuaran pub, and about three miles from Achiltibuie). Fishing trips and cruises (Summer Isles cruises).

My mate who lived at Reiff (Lance Wilding) used to fish lobsters and prawns in that area too, but he was English, from Preston originally. I have fond memories of going out working with him even though I was meant to be on holiday, and getting jellyfish stings on my hands because we were too stupid to wear gloves

Just came to me this morning, his name was Ian, and he was known locally as Ian Roll. He passed a few years ago. May not be your uncle, but this bloke was well known round there, so if you still have relatives in Achiltibuie, they'll know of him.
    Last edited by Pigmy Pony; 09-01-2022 at 06:44.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Grant.

Got this to run my charge cable over slabs at side of house so no one trips, like bin men etc.
    It's about a metre long and is very heavy. Not for cars to use, just pedestrians etc.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Car has been going well and I'm getting used to the regen braking, and now using level 3. It comes close to stopping car by itself if you want it to.
    Plugged in today and now charging. Was it at 70% still but thought I'd top it up.

Pic shows cable coming through the channelling I bought
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread