+ Reply to Thread
Page 511 of 611 FirstFirst ... 11411461501509510511512513521561 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,110 of 6102

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

I'm Kevin.

Yes, the pre-heating is awesome when it is cold.
    A bit like the pre-cooling when it is hot.

I bought myself a smart plug for my charger, as I only run it at 10A, which is enough to completely charge the small battery overnight.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Grant.

The scooter in this takes up s lot less space as does the hoist which folds flat to floor.
    Much better than last set up where I lost 60% or rear seating

interesting that the scooter matches car. that wasnt meant lol
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

It all looks very neat and tidy. And you still have the bigger half of your rear seat, handy for passengers and shopping. And a 5 door too. super practical We know from our last car what a pain in the arse a 3 door can be
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    It all looks very neat and tidy. And you still have the bigger half of your rear seat, handy for passengers and shopping. And a 5 door too. super practical We know from our last car what a pain in the arse a 3 door can be
    ive got the whole back seat steve. the scooter is all in boot; just that its folded
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    ive got the whole back seat steve. the scooter is all in boot; just that its folded
    Perfect! And that boot looks to be a good size. Looks like you've picked a winner there, I like it a lot.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Grant.

Perfect! And that boot looks to be a good size. Looks like you've picked a winner there, I like it a lot.
    its worked out just about right. the back hatch angles in so although there looks lots of room inbetween the scooter and hatch its pretty tight near the top.
    the bungees and the tiedown loops keep it firm enough tho. there is room for a few bags of groceries in there tho
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dave.

Kilimanjaro? Now that's impressive... on a lot of people's bucket lists I believe. The altitude would be a problem for many too.
    I've seen it and flown over it, but not climbed it. Indeed the only mountain I've climbed is Snowdon, which I did when I wasn't very old. I have walked up to the top of one or two mountains from the top cable car station - but that's not the same!
    Dave

I'm Dave.

A year ago I'd never driven an automatic, now my Vito and our latest car are both auto, Don't want manual any more.

TBH I'd happily have an ev, soon as the purchase costs and infrastructure are sorted. I say never say never, but Mrs. P would never say never say never I'll talk her round.
    We had an automatic first around the mid 1980s IIRC. Can't find the model - who said the internet never loses data? I think it was either a Peugeot 405 or 504 - bought second hand. It lasted about a year or two for us - which was about what we expected in those days. We had a bit of a reversion to geared cars, but then we had a Toyota Camry (US) - automatic of course. Then a further reversion to gears until 2007 when I started to drive a Toyota Prius. We still have one car with gears - a Peugeot 207cc - but the gears are a pain, and my feet tend to jam between the pedals - potentially dangerous.

Re "don't want manual any more" - Absolutely! EVs give the same ease of driving, but they can be much smoother than petrol or diesels which still need a gearbox. Most "ordinary" (or even some better than that) EVs don't have or need gearboxes. However, how smooth they are also depends on the electronic controls - while most EVs drive fairly smoothly, some are smoother than others depending on the controls.
    Last edited by dave2010; 02-01-2022 at 21:50.
    Dave

I'm Geoff.

Auto or manual, I'm not fussed which I drive.

My favourite automatic is a 7.65mm PPK, but that's another story!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    My favourite automatic is a 7.65mm PPK, but that's another story!
    Is that what James Bond drives?
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread