+ Reply to Thread
Page 554 of 609 FirstFirst ... 54454504544552553554555556564604 ... LastLast
Results 5,531 to 5,540 of 6088

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    No it was me. I don't think it is an issue for taxis, you can do a lot of three or four mile journeys with a 200 mile range, charge the car when you finish your shift. Taxi drivers are self-employed they work hours to suit so not hard to work around the charging issue.
    There is a real world solution, is likely to come to UK very soon. It is in place in Norway and some other countries. It’s induction charging, the taxi rank has these in the road and the taxis recharge while they are parked, no plugging in it just happens.

I expect it will happen in large cities and airports first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    There is a real world solution, is likely to come to UK very soon. It is in place in Norway and some other countries. It’s induction charging, the taxi rank has these in the road and the taxis recharge while they are parked, no plugging in it just happens.

I expect it will happen in large cities and airports first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was thinking more of mini-cabs than black cabs but I suppose the use is the same. I took a taxi to work every day for twenty years, I know a lot of taxi drivers!
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Adrian.

I was thinking more of mini-cabs than black cabs but I suppose the use is the same. I took a taxi to work every day for twenty years, I know a lot of taxi drivers!
    Rumour has it you can cook your eggs and bacon on it at the same time
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Steve.

The Amazon van is in my street most days, that's a Merc I think, about the size of an LWB Transit, and is all-electric.

next time I get a delivery I'll ask him about it.
    Last winter I spoke to an Amazon delivery driver who was dropping off something where I was working. He was in an electric Merc Sprinter. He said it was a bit shit, he wanted the heaters on but couldn't afford to waste the leccy.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Grant.

the new regs for home chargers starts tomorrow i think. charging will automatically be bumped to outwith peak times. thats if you have a smart charger .. non smart chargers will become illegal to fit.
    just got the message from ohme
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

You mean no nearer to a boundary than 5 metres? Which means you need a property that is on a plot at least 30 feet wide. My plot is just over 11 feet wide so it's a no-go.
    But if you lash it to your chimney that'll be about 8 metres. If vertical metres count then you're golden.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Last winter I spoke to an Amazon delivery driver who was dropping off something where I was working. He was in an electric Merc Sprinter. He said it was a bit shit, he wanted the heaters on but couldn't afford to waste the leccy.
    lol I'll see if ours says the same thing. I bet it's the same model of van. Just need to order something big off of Amazon to get him out.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    But if you lash it to your chimney that'll be about 8 metres. If vertical metres count then you're golden.
    I bet they don't.

I wonder how noisy they are? If they're quiet I could probably just fit it anyway. If it isn't bothering anyone then no-one will complain and we don't get planning officer types wandering about around here. They all live in the big houses up the hill where they could stick Jodrell Bank on the roof if they wanted to.

Everyone else would just assume it was legally fitted. I mean there's one a few doors down from me with solar panels, I've not checked to see if they needed planning permission for that, why would I?
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Steve.

They are supposed to be very quiet, though long term that may be down to the quality of the bearings.

Across the road from where I was working yesterday, there was one of these turbines. I'd never seen one before. It was attached to the side of his garage, between his house and next door, so only about 2-3 metres from his neighbour and the road. The 5 metre rule Adrian spoke of would probably only be enforced if you had a shit neighbour, otherwise the noise police would probably leave you alone.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Martin.

well one side is empty and the other side is a good mate so won't have any bother from the immediate neighbours anyway.
    Current Lash Up:

+ Reply to Thread