+ Reply to Thread
Page 344 of 609 FirstFirst ... 244294334342343344345346354394444 ... LastLast
Results 3,431 to 3,440 of 6088

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Finally managed to get some new tyres for the jalopy yesterday. After a bit of research and some thought I plumped for Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperSports. It was a toss up between these and Pilot 4S really, but the fact that the F1's are scoring a bit higher on Tyrereviews and are a little cheaper made them the preferred choice.

Have to say they are a revelation, and really show how utterly shite the Continental run flats BMW fit as OEM are by comparison. Responsiveness and feel are an order of magnitude better, and it honestly feels like I'm driving a different car.

Grip seems endless. I was always having to be careful in the wet at roundabouts and corners as it was all too easy to step out the back end with the run flats, but none of that with these. It's a relief not having to be constantly on edge, waiting for the back end to go..

Anyway, a thumbs up from me. Not cheap, but probably the best road tyres available at the moment.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Finally managed to get some new tyres for the jalopy yesterday. After a bit of research and some thought I plumped for Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperSports. It was a toss up between these and Pilot 4S really, but the fact that the F1's are scoring a bit higher on Tyrereviews and are a little cheaper made them the preferred choice.

Have to say they are a revelation, and really show how utterly shite the Continental run flats BMW fit as OEM are by comparison. Responsiveness and feel are an order of magnitude better, and it honestly feels like I'm driving a different car.

Grip seems endless. I was always having to be careful in the wet at roundabouts and corners as it was all too easy to step out the back end with the run flats, but none of that with these. It's a relief not having to be constantly on edge, waiting for the back end to go..

Anyway, a thumbs up from me. Not cheap, but probably the best road tyres available at the moment.
    what do they come in at Ali.. 150?
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

I just ask the tyre guy at the top of the road to bung new ones on. Don't even look at the make. Cost me nearly ninety quid for four fitted & balanced last time!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    what do they come in at Ali.. 150?
    A little more Grant, I was £686 for four. The 4S would have been over 700..

Anyway, as the tyre fitter opined- " You can't put cheap tyres on a car like that mate"
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Ironically, the OEM run flats are over £200 a corner..

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Grant.

ones on mine were fairly expensive when i looked them up.. forgot what they are now tho.. i dont pay for them lol.. but not as bad as that. over a ton each tho i think/ big tyres mind, and with the embarrassing lack of miles ive done they are brand new still lol
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm inthescottishmafia.

I could have gone a lot cheaper, but having driven on them now, they are worth every penny to my mind. Drove a few hundred miles yesterday in wet and dry conditions, they are superb in both.

Just need a set of winters now. A part worn set off ebay from Germany will do I think, some good deals on there.

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Steve.

Which model of BM is it Ali?

Are part worn tyres a safe bet? I know Germany will have stricter laws re. tread depth, but even so... If ever there was a season where your tyres need to be A1, it would be winter. If you do get some winters off Ebay, be sure to give them 2 coats of lookingat. I know you will
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Alan.

'lookingat' lol.

I'm Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post

Are part worn tyres a safe bet?
    I wouldn’t touch one with a bargepole a mile long. Period.
    I briefly worked as an MOT tester at a garage that sold them, and the sheer amount that had unbelievably poor repairs (including sidewall patches) bulges, cuts and all other problems was quite staggering to say the least.
    Personally I think its false economy to buy part worn tyres, plus the fact one doesn’t know where they’ve come from. It could be from a scrapyard or a tyre that has been repaired that shouldn’t have been or any other factor.
    There are strict rules here that I imagine most retailers ignore.
    If one wants a decent all rounder then use Michelin CrossClimates and forget the hassle of swapping to winter tyres.

+ Reply to Thread