+ Reply to Thread
Page 421 of 611 FirstFirst ... 321371411419420421422423431471521 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,210 of 6102

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Higher octane or cetane in the fancy stuff.
    yeah, diesel cetane is knocked up to about 48 in high performance diesel. it costs money and does improve combustion... average diesel is about 40 or so cetane level
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Really? It's like the back of beyond up there, innit?

All the majors are within 10 mins drive from my front door, the nearest being Gulf, which I could walk to in 10 mins. Then there are two big Shell stations, Esso and BP, and of course Texaco, plus all the supermarket shite.

I know some folk say there's no difference - yes maybe with 'normal' cars, but not with performance ones. I can feel the difference almost straight away if I put any kind of supermarket fuel in the Brabster.

Marco.
    What would be the point of that? You do say some strange things

I hate going to fill up, can't be arsed with it, so I fill to the brim, run until 'reserve' comes on then fill to the brim again. Refuelling is just 'dead time', like waiting at traffic lights If your car is too precious to tolerate reserve tank running, you need to ditch the diva, buy a Lada Riva
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    i usually just use supermarket(tesco or morrisons) fuel.. tbh there isnt a lot of choice here other than supermarket stuff
    I never use supermarket fuel, it's total garbage. Shell, Esso or BP only for my cars.

I'm Steve.

Mrs. P has used fuel from Tesco almost exclusively for the last 9 years in our Civic. And it has now passed 150,000 miles with absolutely no issues. Car does 50+ mpg on motorways, and if "better" fuel gave better performance I doubt I'd notice.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Mrs. P has used fuel from Tesco almost exclusively for the last 9 years in our Civic. And it has now passed 150,000 miles with absolutely no issues. Car does 50+ mpg on motorways, and if "better" fuel gave better performance I doubt I'd notice.
    Mostly tesco I use too. I've a club card so extra savings lol
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm inthescottishmafia.

AFAIK it's identical fuel from the same source, only difference is the additives. I use it quite happily in my 535d, don't detect any difference. I do occasionally fill up with some premium stuff though, and also change the oil every 5k and run these through-

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Keeps the engine and turbos clean.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    AFAIK it's identical fuel from the same source, only difference is the additives. I use it quite happily in my 535d, don't detect any difference. I do occasionally fill up with some premium stuff though, and also change the oil every 5k and run these through-

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Keeps the engine and turbos clean.
    This looks like a common sense approach - I'm happy to accept that big brand fuels offer some performance advantage over supermarket fuels, but not to any worthwhile degree. I smile a bit when I hear someone say they only ever use premium fuel as their car/bike runs better on it - how would they know? Did they run comparison tests, or more likely, have they fallen for the marketing hype?

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Can't say I detect any difference in performance.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    rather than bollox such a Nectar points, which aren't much use to us, as there's rarely anything of great interest to redeem them against.
    You can use them against ebay purchases.

I'm Geoff.

I have to stick with ordinary supermarket petrol for my little 996cc Suzuki. The torque increase with branded premium fuels is so massive it literally tears the treads off my tyres!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread