+ Reply to Thread
Page 585 of 609 FirstFirst ... 85485535575583584585586587595 ... LastLast
Results 5,841 to 5,850 of 6088

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

I'm Grant.

cobalt is needed too and china have most of the congolese mines in their pocket...smart movers the chinese
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    cobalt is needed too and china have most of the congolese mines in their pocket...smart movers the chinese
    Not quite the only source for Cobalt

https://www.cobaltinstitute.org/abou...cobalt-mining/
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    The only thing I know of if you burn it that is good is Hydrogen which results in water. So if ICE fanatical manufacturers want to carry on building highly inefficient engines, by design, they better get on the hydrogen wagon.
    Sorry no.

Agreed - hydrogen when burnt or used in a fuel cell doesn't produce any bad outputs. Which is a good thing.

BIG PROBLEM: Nearly all hydrogen produced is generated either as a by product of some other very polluting industrial process, or a very energy intensive process. The current claims about hydrogen as a panacea for vehicle use or for a fuel for domestic heating are mostly bogus.

See https://youtu.be/Zklo4Z1SqkE - Sabine Hossenfelder's take on the issue.
    Dave

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by dave2010 View Post
    Sorry no.

Agreed - hydrogen when burnt or used in a fuel cell doesn't produce any bad outputs. Which is a good thing.

BIG PROBLEM: Nearly all hydrogen produced is generated either as a by product of some other very polluting industrial process, or a very energy intensive process. The current claims about hydrogen as a panacea for vehicle use or for a fuel for domestic heating are mostly bogus.

See https://youtu.be/Zklo4Z1SqkE - Sabine Hossenfelder's take on the issue.
    Yep Dave, producing a clean energy source that does not result in CO2 production is VERY limited.

The answer is basically hydro-electric, wind or solar produced electricity, or nuclear fusion or maybe in the future fission. Unfortunately building stuff will involve CO2 and other greenhouse gas production but will be able to be limited.

Big boats in the future may need to be very cleverly designed, powered by a combination of wind sail, wind turbine and solar for power, possibly hydrogen to run engines all to drive electric motors to the props.

Aeroplanes are quite a difficult technical nut to crack, due to weight limitations, but people are working on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Grant.

Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm sorted.

With the impending onset of ulez I had to move on the Clio, got this, pedal car hybrid

I'm Grant.

baby peugeot. nice colour
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post

Aeroplanes are quite a difficult technical nut to crack, due to weight limitations, but people are working on it.
    Surprisingly there are already some small electric planes about to come on line - at least in early stages of trials. Will have to revert back to propellors I think - at least for the short term - and they won't be any good for long distance travel for quite some time.
    Might just be viable for some journeys.
    Dave

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by dave2010 View Post
    Surprisingly there are already some small electric planes about to come on line - at least in early stages of trials. Will have to revert back to propellors I think - at least for the short term - and they won't be any good for long distance travel for quite some time.
    Might just be viable for some journeys.
    Perhaps they could send up planes to recharge the batteries on the move.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

Gratuitous pic to see if i can make that imgbb as suggested by Geoff (Walpurgis) work for me. Success!

I could be persuaded to have one of these evs for nipping to the shops.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread