+ Reply to Thread
Page 164 of 611 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174214264 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 6102

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

I'm Steve.

I'll meet you behind them bushes.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

Have you ever noticed on 'Wheeler Dealers' that Mike's pronunciations of 'world' and 'weld' are exactly the same and that this does sometimes cause genuine confusion when he is talking about the car?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

He 'finks' a lot too and can't pronounce the word didn't.

I'm Martin.

I think his accent is great. I'm a big supporter of traditional regional accents, even cockney. I just wonder how the yanks cope with it, it is a pretty big show over there now.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Steve.

Perhaps the Yanks just like the sound of his voice without understanding it. A bit like when I'm talking to my cat - she looks interested in what I'm saying, but I know she doesn't get my accent.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Martin.

All cats understand English, even cats you see in foreign countries. It isn't that it doesn't understand you it just isn't interested in what you are saying.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    The camera angle makes it look like you've crashed it into that bush, Ian! Does the car have to be parked so far forward? I'd have thought the bushes are scratching the paintwork... How did you manage to clean the front of it in that position?

Anyway, looks much better now. Have you started it up and taken it for a run? Cars need used, and simply deteriorate otherwise. The battery will probably need a charge up, from the car being taken for a run, preferably somewhere you can give it a bit of 'welly', which the whole engine will benefit from

Marco.
    It is a weird angle, taken from the French doors. It is about two feet from the bush in front of it so no problem getting round it. The battery was flat but she did fire up with my jump pack however the battery isn't holding a charge, annoying as it was a new one in February but the garage that supplied it said it's under warranty so they will replace it. I've asked them to give a once over as it's been standing and to re-gas the air con, nice when the weather is warm and great when it's raining to keep the mist down.
    I could have spent ages scrubbing the sap off but the valeter had special chemicals so no scrubbing needed. Next was a thorough shampooing and drying and then polished with a fancy polymer wax. The interior was cleaned and hoovered. The leather is going to be cleaned and dressed next month in exchange for me updating the valeter's website, new graphics and prices etc.
    I'm looking forward to getting back out in the world, going to visit Jamie and have a good listen to his hifi as a whole, not just the pieces he brings over here lol.
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

I'm Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    All cats understand English, even cats you see in foreign countries. It isn't that it doesn't understand you it just isn't interested in what you are saying.
    Cats have 32 muscles controlling each ear......to ignore you with.
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Cables
    Headphones

I'm Steve.

She doesn't like it when I ignore her though.

She's a bit spoilt, we got her all these cat toys but her favourite game is chasing me round the garden while I drag around an old boot lace.

Car's looking good, and no doubt it'll be nice to get around whenever you like and not to someone else's timetable. And it's great when you can do a 'job swap' to keep costs down

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Ian.

A couple of better photos, not bad for a 20 year old car

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Turntable
    CD
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Speakers
    Cables
    Headphones

+ Reply to Thread