+ Reply to Thread
Page 345 of 609 FirstFirst ... 245295335343344345346347355395445 ... LastLast
Results 3,441 to 3,450 of 6088

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

I'm inthescottishmafia.

I’ve bought a set before, they were fine. They’re checked and pressure tested, not like the dodgy stuff that you used to get here. I’ve a set of 18” wheels for them. Looking at some Uniroyals with 6-7mm tread, they should do the business.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm inthescottishmafia.

They don’t do Crossclimates in the sizes I need. Used them on my last two cars, good tyres.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Which model of BM is it Ali?

Are part worn tyres a safe bet? I know Germany will have stricter laws re. tread depth, but even so... If ever there was a season where your tyres need to be A1, it would be winter. If you do get some winters off Ebay, be sure to give them 2 coats of lookingat. I know you will
    535d M Sport.

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    535d M Sport.
    Very nice. I've always liked 5 Series BMWs through the years, And that one would have a the go I'd need, but cheaper to run than an M5
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Yes, that was the rationale for getting it- I was using it for work so doing around 500 miles a week. If that hadn’t been the case I’d have gone for an M5. :-)

Have another vehicle for work now though, lucky if the beemer does 50 miles in a month now.

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Steve.

My youngest brother has a 630i, and it does 18mpg all day long. I bet the 535d gets double that, with probably better performance. No brainer really.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

MOT day today for my VW. Was dreading it as there's been an "airbag error" warning light past few weeks which sounded expensive... £91 all in not a bad result since last MOT was May 2019! Was thinking of changing it but the mileage since that MOT is around 3,000 miles so hardly seems worth the bother! Mind you, if I'm doing so little miles fuel economy is now irrelevant.... Hmmm.... Mustang!?
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    My youngest brother has a 630i, and it does 18mpg all day long. I bet the 535d gets double that, with probably better performance. No brainer really.
    I average 36-38, pretty good given a 3 litre with 313hp. With the cruise set at 60, on the flat it’ll give an indicated 52mpg.

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Dave.

I have an almost new Tesla Model 3 long range AWD, with under 2000 miles on the clock. I am gradually coming to dislike this more and more. It has some really good features, but also quite a few problems which either seem insuperable, or unlikely to be corrected in the near future.

I am seriously considering reverting to petrol or hybrid cars for this level of comfort and performance. i see little point in continuing to pretend that I enjoy driving the car, when quite often I don't. The sad thing is that passengers like it a lot, so I'd probably have to buy something more expensive for comfort, but hopefully with much improved driving features. Ah well, it's only a car .....
    Dave

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by dave2010 View Post
    I have an almost new Tesla Model 3 long range AWD, with under 2000 miles on the clock. I am gradually coming to dislike this more and more. It has some really good features, but also quite a few problems which either seem insuperable, or unlikely to be corrected in the near future.

I am seriously considering reverting to petrol or hybrid cars for this level of comfort and performance. i see little point in continuing to pretend that I enjoy driving the car, when quite often I don't. The sad thing is that passengers like it a lot, so I'd probably have to buy something more expensive for comfort, but hopefully with much improved driving features. Ah well, it's only a car .....
    Still early days for electric cars Dave but already all the major manufacturers are coming on board. A couple of years and you'll have your pick of cars that do everything the Tesla does, but without all the niggles.

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread