+ Reply to Thread
Page 376 of 611 FirstFirst ... 276326366374375376377378386426476 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,760 of 6102

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

I'm Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    The hoist was fitted before I got car at dealers.
    And this is where the problems can start.
    My main role at Toyota/Lexus was as a prep tech which meant I fitted all the genuine accessories (tow bars, sat nav, parking sensors, stereo upgrades and basically anything that’s an optional extra) and these need to be plumbed into the wiring looms correctly, and by that I mean fitted as it would be at the factory.
    This in turn means, dashboards out, carpets out, seats out etc so I could get at various loom plugs to pin in the wiring needed, which is extremely labour intensive.
    The problem with non gen accessories is that when fitted the wiring is hacked into the looms via solder (bad) or scotch locks (fucking terrible) and this in turn can play havoc with the can bus system.
    ECU’s (the most basic cars will have 30+ of them) are required to see certain voltages and certain systems run on different voltages, so when someone starts adding stuff into the system it causes all manner of problems between the ECU’s as they all “talk” to each other via the can bus. Even a badly soldered joint that’s causing resistance will cause mayhem.
    Where I work now if theres a broken or damaged wire in any of the safety systems or in any other system that “may” impact said system then Mercedes insist on a new loom being fitted, absolutely zero repairs are allowed, period.
    There is a very good reason for that.
    I’m not saying all aftermarket stuff fitted is bad, but, the majority of drain problems I’ve seen over the years are a direct cause of it.

I'm Grant.

as i say its possible of course, but its so intermittent its a difficult one to assess. goes fine for 6 months or a year and then one night it just drops to 4v. battery u/s. machines say wont take full charge etc. i get feeling software is at fault. its just my feeling, but as an ee myself it fits.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dave.

Have you checked that water is not getting into the area with some of the batteries? Some Toyotas seem to have a water ingress problem which causes corrosion, and/or shorts and hence battery drain.

Shouldn’t happen, as your car is fairly new IIRC, but ....
    Dave

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by dave2010 View Post
    Have you checked that water is not getting into the area with some of the batteries? Some Toyotas seem to have a water ingress problem which causes corrosion, and/or shorts and hence battery drain.

Shouldn’t happen, as your car is fairly new IIRC, but ....
    Can't say I've noticed any around the small battery. It's odd tho that this issue has been going on for years. Anyway as much as I love the car it's unlikely I will get another. But not impossible. Tbh I'm being priced out of market now for cars suitable size wise. Costs are spiraling and it may be it won't be feasible to get another decent sized car I can get in to.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Can't say I've noticed any around the small battery. It's odd tho that this issue has been going on for years. Anyway as much as I love the car it's unlikely I will get another. But not impossible. Tbh I'm being priced out of market now for cars suitable size wise. Costs are spiraling and it may be it won't be feasible to get another decent sized car I can get in to.
    Just a thought Grant, but what about having the other option of having the Motability paid into your bank and then find a decent used car? This is what Mrs P did with hers. Or has it all changed now? She could tell me but she's still in bed, lazy arse
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Just a thought Grant, but what about having the other option of having the Motability paid into your bank and then find a decent used car? This is what Mrs P did with hers. Or has it all changed now? She could tell me but she's still in bed, lazy arse
    no, i think you can do that still... ive a few options; one is i can take this car for longer if i want(afaik) mileage wise its still pretty new
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

You should deffo do that. Will your hoist fit in a MkIII Jensen Interceptor?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    You should deffo do that. Will your hoist fit in a MkIII Jensen Interceptor?
    it might but i wouldnt
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Jon.

New boots ready for the biking season.
    Durable in the centre with a super sticky compound on the edges.
    I should have no fear hanging it into the corners with these fitted

I do enjoy the stickers telling one where to fit said tyre.
    I'd love to see someone try and fit a 190 rear tyre onto the front wheel of a bike.

I'm Steve.

A word of caution Jon - they are only rated up to 167 mph
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread