Page 375 of 609 FirstFirst ... 275325365373374375376377385425475 ... LastLast
Results 3,741 to 3,750 of 6088

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    my brother had horses.. quite an expense actually.... and they are only 1hp
    lol - naturally aspirated though.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by InThe Sticks View Post
    If you're having that many problems with aux batteries draining fast or dying then my money would 100% be on any after market accessories fitted to the car.
    I think you've said you have lifting gear fitted?
    It's a piece of cake to do a drain test whilst disconnecting various fitted equipment to see what may be causing the problem.
    I've seen that sort of problem again and again with after market alarms and trackers etc.
    In all the years I was a tech for Toyota/Lexus, I've not seen that problem on a non after market accessory fitted car.
    it was in dealers and they said it was, em ok.. the lift hasnt been used for a year but its not stopped it
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Is there not a park nearby? Or as you are travelling about you could stop every now and then and let it eat a hedge or something. No different from stopping for petrol.

I don't think you should jump into it though. Do some research first by watching old episodes of 'Steptoe And Son.' Should give you an idea about most of the potential pitfalls.
    But Hercules was a big heavy bugger, the horsey equivalent of a Hummer. I'd want something a bit more fuel efficient. Are horses easily trained? I'd want to teach it to bite people wearing hoodies or baseball caps.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Jon.

Doesn't matter if its used, its whether its connected or not.
    I just find it hard to conceive that you're going through so many batteries and the fault lies within the OE electrical system.
    To find a drain fault is easy but labour intensive, maybe the dealer finds it easier and cheaper to put in a warranty claim for a new battery rather than tie up a technician for hours trying to find a drain problem.
    Manufacturers won't and don't pay much for a lengthy diagnosis of a problem.
    Fitting and claiming for a new battery is a sticky plaster on a gunshot wound.

I'm Grant.

Yeah well it's a lease from motabilty. It's been a pain tbh. I like car but toyota have shown no interest.
    I guess I go elsewhere in novem ber which is sad as I would probably have got another had they showed any interest. I personally don't think it's the hoist. The battery for one is rediculously small. That doesn't help. This is due has been going on for several years by several thousand people who all get the same answer.
    Sad but typically big company attitude
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    But Hercules was a big heavy bugger, the horsey equivalent of a Hummer. I'd want something a bit more fuel efficient. Are horses easily trained? I'd want to teach it to bite people wearing hoodies or baseball caps.
    IME horses are very bitey. I don't think you'll have any problems there. Stopping it from biting every fucker it comes across will be the hard part.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Steve.

I still have two unsold Rock Door stable doors. If I just built a stable to fit one to, and I could train the horse to knock it open with its head, and shout "Hello, I'm Mr Ed" to passers by, that would be quite cool. I may even change my name to Wilbur. But I'm getting ahead of myself now.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I still have two unsold Rock Door stable doors. If I just built a stable to fit one to, and I could train the horse to knock it open with its head, and shout "Hello, I'm Mr Ed" to passers by, that would be quite cool. I may even change my name to Wilbur. But I'm getting ahead of myself now.
    Not sure anyone under fifty would get the joke. They'd probably think it was Ed China and be bringing their cars for it to fix.

Although on the plus side, once the horse has fixed them you could use them to run around in for a few days before telling the owners to come and collect them. I used to know a mechanic that did that.

I mean that's cost-free motoring and the profit from the repairs business would more than cover the expense of stabling the horse.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by InThe Sticks View Post
    I've seen that sort of problem again and again with after market alarms and trackers etc.
    In all the years I was a tech for Toyota/Lexus, I've not seen that problem on a non after market accessory fitted car.
    My Prius had absolutely no extras which were not fitted when it was supplied. Would it perhaps have been rescuable if there had been any form of main battery maintenance in the few years before it went totally belly up? I rather doubt it.

It was going quite well, but with some odd behaviours in the months before lockdown, and after that it just went off completely.

Now we have EVs so there won't be any engine to charge up any of the batteries, though the battery technology could still let us down in eight or more years time. I'm not over optimistic. One of our petrol cars lasted over 20 years before we had to scrap it.
    Dave

I'm Grant.

The hoist was fitted before I got car at dealers.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread